Chapter 57

On this day, I pray none of you will have to search for a missing loved one. Your hopes will rise and fall like the current of the rain. Every phone call you make is dreadful and breaks your soul. They give you crushing news. The night falls and it's just so long. Your heart wanders with prayers because you have no idea where this person is. This person's my younger sister.

We found her but it has changed a lot forever. She came back different and traumatized. Things have changed forever. Every dream and hope. I am not sure of the future hold but I hope it's the best. I just want to say one thing. Before you jeoperdize someone's future, ruin the person's life and crumble everything that person holds on to, remember there is karma. No matter what you do, run as far as you can, karma is a bitch. It will catch up with you. You can't just escape it. You can't just hurt someone so bad that you broke the person emotionally and expect a good life.

We all have a personal life outside wattpad. There are times this life of ours turns out to be very demanding. At the moment, my life is very demanding. I am going through a lot and I am trying to be strong. I have a lot going on and my head is not clear. I can't write. I have just managed to write this chapter because of those who asked for an update. I am not sure when the next update is. Please, try to understand.

One more thing, the title of my book will change. I have quite a lot of ideas that will go along with the content of the book. Thanks for the reads and votes. I really do appreciate. They are escalating every day and it gladdens my heart to know this book is progressing. I really do appreciate.

Her mother said she needs to get back on the horse. It's been so long. She needs to get a man for herself and a father for her daughter. Esosa's health is improving and thank God nothing serious had happened the past few weeks she had been released from the hospital. There are throngs of men who came almost every day to check on her daughter. These men visit her because of their interest in her. They are nice to her daughter because they like or got feelings for the mother. But how will she tell her mother that those throngs of men do no interest her. Instead, the man who interest her is one she has been avoiding since that night, the night he poured out his heart to her, the night he held her hand like no man has ever done. Maybe Juwon did. Osas stared into the hand mirror, her eyes wide and steady, and lashes flapping as she laid the false eyelashes on her natural ones.

As a mother, Osas had tried her best to ensure her daughter will not have any reason to contact infection in the house. Everything is sterilized. She had left a hand sterilizer everywhere. The chemotherapy is working the way it should. The side effect are mild ones at the moment. No major ones yet. But it's tiring since Esosa is an outpatient. But she knows she will push through. It's what she has been doing for long.

Few days ago, one of admirers had dropped by to check on her and her daughter. Her mother had walked in when he was asking her out on a date. Her excuse had been Esosa. There's no one to stay with her and it does not seem right to date when she got a daughter who needs her attention. "Nonsense!" Her mother, Itohan, had interrupted. She had interfered and told her visitor that there will be plenty of time for her to go out with him. And here she was, preparing for her date.

"Mummy" Esosa's voice intruded her thoughts.

"Yes, sweetie" She replied turning away from her dressing table, her makeup half done. The setting powder was still on her face, left to bake it.

"Ewww" Esosa screeched with a slight upturn of her nose. "You look like a monster. A masquerade!" She screeched between her laughter.

"That's a nasty thing to say to your mother" Osas said between peals of laughter. "What do you want your momma to do for you?" She pulled her child closer to her.