Chapter 55

Anthony took an analysing look at his reflection in the mirror. His haircut was perfect, beard carved to aptness and his look clean and attractive. Lola loved him looking this way if he remembers so well. He does not know if she loves his beard but he recalled she played with it in the past. In a button down shirt and denim jeans, he looked dapper. Slowly, the edges of his lips quirked up. That smile would be good enough to charm her like it used to.

The day before, Lola had given him a call to inform him about her visitation to his place. He was mystified yet ecstatic. In an unhurried movement, he turned away from the full length mirror to his dresser where he took out one of the perfumes he had. The bottle of musky fragrance had been her favourite. She had chosen it for him when they had both gone for shopping during the time they were together.

"I love this. It would smell nice on you" He remembered the words she had said with that heart stopping smile. That day, he could still feel how his heart had ceased beating and what had struck him hard in his chest like the strike of lightening. It was as though she bloomed again like a new flower looking pretty, tender and fresh. Smiling at the memory of the past, he spray the musk on his shirt, just enough to have the room wrapped in its scent.

Few minutes later, he was heading down the grand staircase that led to the living room. Servants moved around, busy and preparing for the arrival of their boss's very important visitor. Floors were scrubbed. The dining room was set with delicacies and the smell of flowers. She does not like flowers so he could not gift her one but she appreciated the beauty of sculptures and he had fine pieces of sculptures, glassware, and figurines in his house, in various forms, colours and sizes.

Getting to the end of the stairs, he paused, adjusting his shirt's collar. His cool eyes swept around the wide spread, decorated with expensive leather seats and home facilities. The floor beneath his well-polished shoes, shone from been wiped to a crystal -like radiance. Satisfied, he took a walk around the house to inspect. He was in the library when a servant had come to call him.

"Sir" A servant's timid voice floated across the room. He replied with a slight turn of his body. "Miss Lola has arrived"

Miss? He mused. He wished she was but Lola Kola-Daisi was yet to add her husband's name to her name. Why would she when she does not want to be known as nobody. Yes, he headed out of the library, Joshua Olamiposi Erinoso, is nobody but he, Anthony Crest, is somebody and he is her kind of man. He chuckled lowly to himself.

He saw her in the lobby studying a sculpture. She wore a burgundy high waist skirt that flared out but stopped mid-thigh. If he recollects and with what he saw, she got pretty legs, long and lustrous. One of her features he loved so well. She had a flora spaghetti strap top made from chiffon to go with it. His throat clogged, dried like dust. Oh! He felt the overpowering lust that came. She had always had a great body, one he had touched. He can still feel her silky skin beneath his fingertips. That smooth feel. The sweet tang of that chocolaty skin on his tongue. His finger twitched to the need to touch her. Black twists cascaded down her back, past her waist to her bum. He gawked at the round curve of her ass. It has a nice feel. He had always enjoyed slapping and squeezing that ass. Her soft fragrance was thick in the clean atmosphere of the lobby.

"I got it from an auction in Morocco" Anthony spoke as he halted next to her.

He watched her lips, smeared with nude lipstick, curl. Today, she kept her makeup cool, one of the rare times she made her makeup such. "I like it" She responded as she stroked the sculpture.

"It is beautiful" The sculpture was carved from wood, polished brown wood. It was a man playing a flute. Very simple for her liking.

"I agree" Lola spun to look at him. Her smile was easy and soft. He surveyed her from her face to her toes, his eyes assessing, slow and cautious. The same light shade of purple on her fingernails coated her toenails. The skirt revealed no part of her stomach which was always flat without a little bit of fat. He hoped she still had her belly button. He had accompanied her to get it along with three piercings in her earlobes. The memory was still vivid in his brain, clear like it happened yesterday.