Chapter 16

They were perfect. Everyone saw it. There was always an air of relaxation among them. If they were not laughing, they were smiling lovingly at each other. Many had always felt the undying love among them, envied it and hoped for it. The man, tall and dark, had his wife with him everytime like a handbag. He encircles his hand around her waist or rests it on her back in a way that tells other men she was taken.

The woman was slim, shorter but of average height. She had flawless creamy skin, one which many had envied and admired. The thick black mane which adorned her head was lengthy, voluminous and curly. It was a healthy hair that glistened from expensive treatments. Sitting underneath perfectly arched brows were bold eyes. Her eyes were one of her prettiest features, bordered with lengthy eyelashes. Her mouth was full, pink and rested beneath a pointed nose. She was an epitome of beauty almost perfect with her slim and fit body.

Their clothing were of the same colour. His a black suit and hers, a black dress that swept the floor. She wore silver heels and held matching clutch purse. He whispered into her ear. When she laughed, her laughter rang deep into his ears, staggering his heart. He could feel his heart almost halt beating. Still talking, they headed towards a door. The man at the door opened it and they walked into a noisy dining room still engrossed in their conversation. There were eight people in the room. Three women and five men. Everyone whipped their heads to the door. A smile formed on their faces as they acknowledged the couple's arrival.

"Look who has arrived. I thought you guys will never come" A dark woman sitting next to a man of the same complexion said. The couple laughed, holding hands.

"Oh Hairan. We are so sorry" The man apologised, leading his wife into the room. "The traffic held us back a bit"

"Ahmad and Haseenah, it's what you always do" Another woman who was older said with a dismissive hand. "Please come and have your seat. We are running late"

"Thanks" Haseenah said.

Like the gentleman he was, Ahmad pulled out his wife's chair, had her sit before he sat next to her. The dinner continued. Conversation rolled in. There was a lot to talk about and everyone had something to say. Soon, it became business. It was a business dinner between business associates. After the business deal had been sealed, the dinner continued in full swing with merriment. From time to time, Ahmed would glance at his wife who gave a shy smile.

A man at the table said something funny. Many laughed including Haseenah. While laughing, she had reached for her glass of juice just to knock it off causing the drink to spill across the table. Little dropped on Ahmad's lap staining his suit.

"Oh God!" Haseenah exclaimed jumping back.

"Holy shit!" A man exclaimed at the mess.

"I am so sorry" Haseenah apologised, reaching for a serviette. "I am sorry" She repeated as she took a serviette to dab the juice from the table. "I am sorry" She said, taking another serviette to clean the juice on her husband's suit.

"You do not have to worry" Ahmad held her hand, halting her. He felt the tremor in her hand which came from fear. "Please excuse me" He stood up and left.

"I am sorry" She repeated to others on the table. Haseenah turned around and looked at her husband's retreating back. Her throat went dry.

"Do not worry, dear" Hairan said. "Someone will do the cleaning"

"Excuse me" Haseenah stood up and left for the bathroom.

Few minutes later, she was back to find a lively atmosphere. Ahmad was back, talking to the man next to him. Dinner ended with a series of hugging and assurance to meet again.