Chapter 17

Countless glittering stars twinkled down at the city. Like luminous stones on a black fabric, they pasted against the canopy of black with the moon there to brighten the night, but the brilliant lights from buildings concealed the silvery glow of the full moon. The silky curtains twirled to the silent melody of the breeze that journeyed from the lagoon into the diplomatic suite through the Opened doors of the balcony. The light of the room were dimmed.

The iPhone X that laid on the nightstand shrilled through the silent room out into the night over the stone baluster. It vibrated, flashed and rang louder disturbing the sleep of a beauty in between the rumpled blanket and bedspread. She moaned, pouted and rolled over on her back, the sheet tangled around her bare petite body. The ringing tone halted allowing her to relax back into the comfortable bed. There was a comfortable silence she liked. Without thinking, she drew the blanket over her face ready to fall back into slumber. Again, the phone rang into the tranquillity which she swore at. Sluggishly, she rose in bed, her hair, a tangled mess, fell over her face. She held the sheet to her bare body with manicured hand and answered it.

"Kiki" a voice called. She sensed the urgency and plead in it.

"Lola" she husked out rubbing her eyes to get rid of sleep. She pushed away the tresses that obstructed her view.

"I need your help. I can't say a word to anyone at home. I am at the police station"

"Doing what?" she moved to the end of the bed. Her legs dangled from it.

"I got into trouble for violating traffic rules. Instead of keeping it cool" she sighed. "You know me"

"You were rude" Kiki's eyes wavered to the wall clock. It was few minutes past seven. "Where is the police station?"

"Ikoyi"

"That's a journey from where I am"

"Please" She whined.

"OK, I will be there but I might be late"

"I don't care. Just come and bail me out" the call got disconnected.

She noticed the stack of naira notes on the nightstand. Three bundles caused her dried lips to move up. Her client had left it there. Before she dropped the phone, she noticed the alert of five hundred thousand naira. Her grin became wider. That was the reward of the work she does, a work many might consider bad. She hopped out of bed, jumped into shower where she washed away sweat and the smell of sex.

The body-hugging red dress was sultry ending just below her rear end, back wrapped in smooth shining skin exposed to the eyes of men to admire and drool over. Black five inches heels lifted her small physique high giving her confidence. Her hair, a tumbling glossy wave of black with a parting at the centre, cascaded down her naked back in elegant curls. She walked, head high and petite shoulders pulled back. Her painted lips quivered up a bit into a knowing smile, enthralling eyes meeting the eyes of men that gazed hungrily at her. She enjoyed the attention, something she was used to. She tossed back her hair away from her elegant shoulders, swung her hips lazily causing her perfect backside to dance.

Outside, her 2017 Toyota Venza was ready. It was a gift from a senator she met during Christmas. It was just few days of outing and pleasure in bed and she got millions of naira and a car. It was easy, very easy. One of the easiest way to get money and keep up with her needs. She doesn't need to be under a nagging boss. She does not have to arrive early to work except she has an appointment. She was her own boss. Dress to kill, go to the bars, clubs, hotels, resorts, restaurants. Men are everywhere. They will admire her and walk up to her. She had no worries. The money came daily either from a man she slept or sleeps with. She was privileged to get anything she wanted with ease. She flashed a slow smile at the valet who held the key. He flushed, his smile a little bit shaky as he opened the driver's seat.