Chapter 51

"I have been sitting here for almost five minutes and you are yet to say a word, Loretta" Joshua grumbled out with a scowl on his face.

Loretta smiled halting the tapping of her stiletto finger nails against the armchair. Her eyes glowed as she watched the man she already owned. She does not have to strive to know she already owned him. All it takes is just a blackmail. She was sure that this big secret she had in hand would give her the ability to control him the way she wants. It took so much thinking and battling thoughts to have the courage to do what she's about to do.

"I have missed you" she said crossing her legs. "I have missed seeing your face"

"The last time we spoke Loretta, I made things clear to you. I told you we need to stop seeing one another. I am sure you understood me"

"I did"

"Then why do you want to meet me?"

"Like I said, I miss you"

He shut his eyes as he took in a sharp intake of air. "Just you go to the point. What do you want?"

Joshua's phone dinged. He took the phone out and saw a message from one of those women disturbing him. Typing urgently, he replied her message.

"Alright. Let's get to business" Loretta sat up, flipping her hair. "You know what I want, Josh" she picked the envelope on the coffee table in between them. Getting to her feet, she adjusted her tight dress. "Since you have been acting so strong headed and proud, then I have other ways to get what I want" Her eyes held his cool pair of deep eyes. "Have this" she handed over the envelope to him. Looking at her then the envelope, Joshua received it.

"What's this?"

"The key to having you. Open it" Her voice was authoritative. Her smile was that of a pleased person. Someone who was victorious and was glad to show it. That sent thousands of thoughts through his head. There was a sparkle in her eyes that made him cautious. There was something different about her and he could not lay a finger on it. Why is she acting so villain?

Looking at her, Joshua opened the envelope. He does not know what he was going to see but the confidence Loretta eluded scares him. There was something big going on in that head of hers. The courage she has to face him, call him and tell him to meet her told him something was wrong somewhere and curiosity had made him visit her. Here he was sitting down in front of her while he was yet to know what was coming his way.

Joshua dropped his gaze to the paper he had in hand. He stared at it. Loretta watched him. She would love to see his facial expression when he reads the paper. Her eyes glinted with victory, smile extending while his frown deepened. Slowly, Joshua sat up, his hand beginning to shake as he read the paper and checked the pictures attached to it. Satisfied, Loretta settled down on the table between them, crossed her leg and took a sip from her wine. She needs to throw a party.

The colour on Joshua's face drained away. His caramel skin grew pale. His deep eyes deepened, blinked as he tried to believe what he was reading as a lie. She was not meant to know. No one was meant to know. This was meant to be a secret and here a woman he once dated has her hands on it. How did she get to know about this? He snapped his head up to meet Loretta's eyes. He was shaken. Loretta could see the tremor in his hand.

"What games are you playing?" Joshua grinded out jerking up from his seat. His eyes held anger and disappointment.

"It is not a game, Josh. It is just something I was lucky enough to lay my hands on"

"Where did you get this?" He waved the paper in front of her face.

Loretta held her head high, a palm flat against the table "I have my source" She said with so much pride that showed in her eyes.