Chapter 2

A scream left her lips at the sight before her. Her eyes went wide with flawless hands over her gapped lips. The back of her SUV had a big indent. The headlight had smashed into pieces. All she could see was the deep indent and damage. Her parents won't be ready to know how it happened. She could see her father's disappointed face and mother's annoyed and irritated expression. Anger built up in her, sizzling through her veins. She twirled around and matched to the Toyota Camry that had done it. She slammed her fist continuously on the window. Passers-by and drivers from other cars watched. Some got down to see what had happened. She kept spewing angry words slamming the window nonstop.

"Hey!" she shouted, her anger rising to its peak. She knew better than to let it get into her. "Get down now!" The door open, hitting her before luring her back. She screeched, holding the bonnet of the Camry to balance herself. With eyes filled with rage, she glared at the driver.

The driver was a fat woman in her mid-fifties. She was like a bread dropped into water in her expensive lace of iro and buba. Her jewelleries looked like they will choke her. She had not given Lola a glance. Her hard expression was on the damaged car. Lola's nose flared. What nonsense?

"Are you mad?" Lola shouted, every part of her flinching. The woman looked up, her eyes wide and lips apart like she could not believe the lady, the age of her daughter, was shouting at her. "Are you blind to see you hit me with the door of your car?" she glared at the car door. Arrogant bastard!

"Ori o pe!" The woman burst out. "It's me you are shouting at like that! Am I not enough to be your mother?"

"What?" Lola stood straight, meeting the woman in her eyes. She eyed the woman, arms over her shoulder. "You hit my car with the trash you ride" Her car was much better than the older woman's car, more expensive and classier than her. How dare she? "And the shit you can do is hit me with your car door too. You were not even paying attention to me!" She shouted.

"That's why you are shouting at me!" The woman as if she could not believe what was happening, had her hands hitting her big breasts. "That's why you are insulting me"

"I will insult you more than I have of you don't shut your smelling gutter. What can you do?" She threw her head.

"What's going on here madam?" A man interfered.

"It is this idiot! How dare she?" Lola replied before the woman could.

"Watch your words young lady" The woman pointed a warning finger at her. Dark eyes looked at Lola.

"I should watch my words? What will you do? You hit me with your car door, despite hitting my car. Look at my baby" She screeched in a bratty tone. "You have ruined it with your empty can!" She pointed at her Range Rover then at the woman.

"Iwo omo yi. Oma baje o. Mo ko e leko ni le! It is me you are talking to like that. Are you mad?"

"Don't call me mad! I am not mad. Is your children at home that are mad"

"Aiye mi o!" The woman shouted, her hands going over her head again.

Lola hissed. "You need to apologise to me"

"What?"

"You heard me. I need an apology"

"Apologise?" she snorted. "You should be apologising to me. You dare insult me. You insulted my children and shouted at me"

"You heard me old bitch. You hit my car" She slammed the bonnet of the Camry hard twice.

"Why didn't you move? None of this is my fault. Were you blind to see that cars had begun to move?"

"Cars were not moving. It was a standstill" she looked around and noticed she had tried coming in from the other lane. "You call me blind when you are the blind one. Were you blind to know that this little space won't accommodate your car?" she pointed at the space between their cars.

"Aunty" another stranger called. People were beginning to gather around to see what had happened. "What's happening?"

"Do I look like your mother's younger or elder sister?" Lola fired at the stranger.

"Look here, don't bring my mother into this and it seems your tongue is too sharp" the man pointed a finger at her.

"What will you do?" she slammed her hands over her waist. "Will you cut it?" She roared, her heavy-lidded eyes burned with fury.

"Leave her o! Leave her alone! I will show her I have craze in my head. Look at this broom stick. This janjanla nonsense. Pankere wo gown. Talking to me like I am her mate. You don't have a mother at home!"

"Don't bring my mother into all this" She pointed her finger at the woman's face. The woman was already red with fury. She just had a wish at the moment, to beat up the rotten lady.

"No I won't but....." she looked at the bonnet of his car to realise its indent was worse than hers. Why had she not noticed? "My car is worse than yours"

"What should I do? It's your fault and not mine"

"That home training they did not teach you today, I will teach you" The woman pounced at her. Before Lola could think about anything, two slaps had landed on her face.

"Are you mad?" Lola, pained and embarrassed, asked, a hand on her stinging cheek. The woman watched her with satisfied eyes. What happened next, shocked the gathered crowd. Lola returned the slap, allowing her fury to control her.

The argument went on. People tried to stop it but it grew worse like a rising riot. What she said made the woman angrier. She fisted her hand lashing her back with harsh words. Lola was more disrespectful, throwing insults and nearly hitting the woman who was determined to beat her. Pleads feel into deaf ears. The woman did one thing she knew would relieve her when those who held her left her, she charged at Lola and beat the hell out of her.

Please vote, comment and share. Thanks.