Chapter 36

Lola stepped right in front of the full length mirror. A satisfied smile worked itself over her made-up face. She loved the way she looked, stunning like she had always appeared. The deep orange pair of Givenchy pointed heels added to her height. The black pencil skirt moulded her hips ending just above her knees. It accentuated the curve of her hips making her slim waist obvious. A sleeveless black peplum top with deep orange underneath showed off the structural shoulders she was blessed with. Her hair was tied at the nape of her neck with just a simple black ribbon. Dangling from her ears were a pair of sparkling gems she found in her jewellery closet. A simple bracelet adorned the slim wrist with a side bag held to her side.

"Just perfect" she praised her image.

Before she left the room, she did not forget one thing. She did not forget to removed her wedding ring and keep it in the drawer where Joshua keeps his watches. She does not need the nonsense. He could sell it. It actually cost much. The money should help him pay his debts.

She had always been stunning. She does not have to be told that. Men had fallen for the irresistible look. She liked it but loved it more since Joshua was also enthralled by the way she looked when she got down the staircase. She swept past him, giving him a disdainful look over her shoulder. When she opened the door, she saw a woman standing at the entrance, her hands closed in a fist as if she was about to knock the door.

"Oh my God!" The woman squealed, her breath seizing. "Lola Kola-Daisi? This is unbelievable" She shrieked, hugging Lola. "It's nice to meet you"

"Oh God! Will you please take your filthy hands off me?" Lola, flabbergasted, pushed the lady away. "What's wrong with you?"

"I have been dying to meet you? You are prettier in person" The woman hopped on her feet, her eyes vibrant.

"Hey look here" Lola snapped a finger, her face contoured with repulsion. "Don't ever..."

"Good morning" Joshua greeted from behind halting her rude words.

"Good morning" Sandra greeted, still giddy. "How are you?"

"Fine" He returned her smile.

"I see your guys just moved in yesterday. I am Sandra" she held out her hand which Joshua shook. "Who are you?"

"Her husband"

"What?" Sandra screeched. "You are married? When? How?"

"Please, come inside" He offered with a charming smile. Lola rolled her eyes then went back inside.

They found Lola seated on the armchair, scrolling through her phone.

"When did you guys get married? There's nothing about it online. How did you do it? This is the biggest news of the century" Alarms went off in Lola's head. She hops the lady will not go and give the news to some blogger for big money.

"Actually we...." Joshua started.

Sandra cooed. "You guys are a beautiful couple. I actually stay here with my husband, Lanre. He's a banker so he has already left for work. We might be here to greet you. We got married about six months back"

"No one asked you" Came Lola's reply as she kept her phone away.

"What?"

"I said...."

"You guys have been married for a while. That's nice" Joshua cut in.

"Yes, we live in the first flat on this line. The guy in between is AY. I will not tell you about him but I will expect you to notice some things about him. Opposite you are some girls. About six of them" Lola wondered how six of them stay in a three bedroom flat. "They are oloshos" Sandra whispered with a sick look. "Mummy Purity is next to them" Lola rubbed her temple. She was already having a headache because of the lady's rant. "She and those girls give enough drama in the house. They fight almost every day and the last one, those opposite my house, are another family. A man, his wife and two adorable daughters. They....."