Chapter 31

Ryan's POV
Me and Brendon decided through texts to sneak out at 8pm. Personally I wanted to go out then because of the sunset. I had a plan in mind.

After a long shower I straightened my hair and put on some eyeliner. Spencer helped me pick out a good outfit. Black pants, a white button up with decorations and details in the front along with a black vest with light thin stripes.

I looked in the mirror and took a deep breath. I looked okay.

I had never done anything like this before. I had made up my mind. I wanted Brendon more than anything and I've always known that, I was just scared he'd leave me but I'm ready to take that risk.

I was just hoping he wanted me too. I know I hurt him.

"You're gonna do fine." Spencer pulled me into a hug when he stepped into the bathroom and saw how nervous I was.

"B-but w-what if he says n-no?" I stuttered.

"He won't. But if he does, at least you did your best and you can't do better than that." He said and patted my shoulder encouragingly.

"What the hell would I do without you?" I whispered to myself.

"Lay in bed all day every day, you lazy motherfucker." Spencer joked.

"Thank you babygirl." I laughed.

"If you come back with Brendon I'm gonna assume things went well and leave and if you come back crying I'm gonna put on Titanic on my phone, get you some chocolate and I'll hug you until you die, deal?" He grinned.

"Deal."

We sat talking until 7:55pm. I inhaled loudly and stood up straight.

"Good luck babyboy, I love you!" Spencer said.

"Thanks, I love you too." I said nervously and left our room quietly. As I made my way to Brendon's dorm I thought that all of this might be a bit too much.

Fuck it.

I opened his door without knocking, finding Gerard and Frank curled up together reading their book. Brendon and Pete were nowhere to be seen.

"Hey Ryan." Frank said.

"Hey guys. Where is Brendon?" I swallowed. Gerard shook his head while laughing at my question.

The bathroom door suddenly opened and a happy looking Brendon stepped out.

"Hi!" He chirped.

"Hey, what's gotten you into such a good mood?" I smiled widely. I loved seeing him happy.

"Nothing in particulaaaar..." He said and dragged out the 'a'.

"Let's go then." I said and grabbed Brendon's hand. He didn't even hesitate to hold my hand back.

"How are we leaving the school?" Brendon said in confusion.

"Window. But be quiet, everyone are still awake." I said and put my finger on my lips. The hallways were empty, thank god. When we reached the window we climbed out of last time I opened it without trouble.

"Ladies first." Brendon said playfully and motioned for me to jump first. I rolled my eyes but did as he wished. I landed on my feet which hurt a lot, but it'd probably hurt more to land on my face. Yeah it definetely would.

I moved to give room for Brendon. I watched his flexible movements when he jumped shortly after me.

"So what are we gonna do?" Brendon asked.

"I wanna s-show you something. There's a hill to your left." I blushed. I would ask myself why I was so nervous but I don't have to. I already know why.

"Yes? You want us to get on top of it?" Brendon squeaked happily. He seemed so full of energy, like the first time we met.

It sounds like the first time we met was years ago.

It was 7 days ago.

We started making our way up the hill which was covered in soft grass. If I wasn't so scared of all the tiny but sharp rocks on the ground I probably wouldn't wear any shoes.

The sunset had already begun. The sky was slowly turning into a light shade of orange.

"Shit!" I whisper-shouted when I slipped on a root from one of the trees. I fell backwards and thought I was gonna die. So this is it then.

"Gotcha!" Brendon bit his lip when I felt his strong arms surrounding me and catching me. At first the sudden weight seemed to make him a bit unsteady.

My feet got back on the ground but I stayed in Brendon's arms. I wanted to get used to this warm feeling. My head was resting by his chest and he looked down at me which made me look up at him.

The urge to lean in and kiss him was strong.

But this wasn't the right timing. I wasn't gonna confuse him anymore. I wanted to be his before we kissed again. If we were gonna kiss. Perhaps he didn't want to. It'd break my heart, but I could only blame myself.

I pulled away and held my hand out, wanting him to grab it. He read my mind and grabbed it without hesitation once again.

There were barely any trees on the top, only a few.

"Here." I said and sat down, resting my back against a big tree, gesturing for him to sit down next to me. In front of us you could see the sun lowering and pulling a now mix of a purple and orange colour with it. It wasn't too hot and it wasn't too cold. It was the perfect temperature.

The sun shining at us somehow gave me some more courage.

I played with his soft hands and he grinned at me. I was so nervous, so I tried to enjoy this moment as much as I could. If he said no we most likely wouldn't even stay friends since things would be so awkward between us. Fuck. Why was I doing this again?

Right.

Because I really like him.

"B-Brendon?" I squeaked out.

"Yes?" He said in a soft voice.

"You know we've broken all rules but one by now." I started.

"True. What are you doing to me? You make me do all those things without even having to ask me twice." Brendon chuckled and tilted his head upwards to look at the branches covered in leaves.

"Well, I was gonna blame you." I teased.

"What's the one thing we have left then?" Brendon asked unknowingly.

I took a deep breath.

"Being in a relationship." I whispered and before Brendon could answer I started rambling.
"And I'm not asking you this because I want to break all the rules, I'm asking you this because I really like you, Bren. I want to be able to call you mine, to kiss you, stare at your beautiful face without having to explain myself and get embarrassed. I want to share amazing memories with you and you only. I want to be the cause of that breathtaking smile of yours. The first time I met you I always got this weird feeling and I didn't know why. But I've got it all figured out now. It was because the same moment I met you I fell for you, your personality, the way you act, your smile, your eyes, the way you live in your own world. I want you. You make me so happy and you bring out a side of me that has been hidden for years. So Brendon, please, will you be mine?" I said and looked into his watering eyes. He looked back into mine.

His eyes were glimmering in that way again, like the stars. His plump lips slightly parted and turned into a wide smile from ear to ear. They reached his eyes and a single tear escaped his right eye.

"Yes."