Chapter 23

Ryan's POV
"It was you two, wasn't it?" Pete chuckled when we got to his dorm. Alex, Frank, Spencer, Jon and Patrick returned to their rooms. I decided to stay with Brendon. Gerard was practically already asleep the second we arrived. I assume him and Frank didn't get much sleep last night.

"We were drunk, alright? Don't judge us." Brendon said as his cheeks turned into a light shade of pink.

"Awesome, man!" Pete laughed and patted his back. Then he turned to me and gave me a high five.

"How's your foot today?" I asked and looked into Brendon's happy eyes.

"Oh you know, it still hurts but not as much." He shrugged. I nodded in reply. I was glad it was getting better since it seemed pretty bad yesterday.

Wait, what?

I was glad he was getting better?

Who am I?

At least not Ryan Ross. God damn. This boy in front of me is driving me crazy. I'm not saying I don't like it, I'm just saying it's bothering me. Brendon could chop off my arm and I'd still be fine with it for crying out loud!

The not-caring-attitude isn't going well. I need Brendon. I'm no longer independant. If he leaves me now I'll have nothing left. Before I met him I at least had myself. But now I don't even know who I am without him.

And we met 5 days ago.

"Ryan!" Brendon snapped.

"Yes?" I swallowed.

"Uhm, are you okay?" Brendon furrowed his eyebrows.

"Yeah, why?" I shrugged and curved my lips upwards.

"You've been staring at the wall for 5 minutes straight without blinking, like holy hell, are you even human?" He chuckled and tugged his bottom lip.

"Oh shit. I may or may not be a robot. Busted." I played along. All Pete did was laughing his ass off on the floor. Something's wrong with him.

"So if I cut you open you won't bleed, I'll only see tons of cabels?" Brendon raised his eyebrows and sat down on the ladder next to me, almost falling.

"That sounds creepy, dude." I glared at him teasingly.

"You're creepy." He scrunched his nose.

"So I've been told."

"No but he's right, remember that one time some student's little sister visited and she laid her eyes on you once and you did nothing but it was enough for her to scream like a maniac and run around like a lost chicken." Pete said and continued to laugh. I don't know what's gotten into him, did someone drug him or what? The story was true though.

"I forgot about that." I sighed and rolled my eyes.

"Dude, seriously?!" Brendon laughed in disbelief.

"Yeah." I mumbled.

"If only I could've seen it." He shook his head and fiddled with the hem of his shirt.

"Anyways, I'm going back to my room." I pouted and lingered my eyes on Brendon a little longer than I should have.

"O-okay, I'll see you later." He bit his lip as his eyes were stuck on me a little longer than they should have as well.

Once I got to my room I made myself comfortable on my bed and decided to text Brendon because why not? It was fun. No one else was here so it was pretty boring.

10:09am
Ryan: Morning sleepyhead.

10:10am
Forehead: You just saw me a minute ago. I wasn't sleeping