Chapter 38.

Chapter 38.

Jonny and I ate breakfast together in the lobby this morning. It was amazing. I looked horrible but that's okay because it was fun.

I smile to myself as I ring up an order on the cash register.

"Maybel?" Audrey asks, looking over my shoulder. "You just put in that they're buying a 5 double fudge cake pops and 12 lemonades. They're only buying a peppermint mocha."

I look down at the screen and see that she's right. I must have been too busy spacing out to do my job right.

I quickly change the order and hope that I didn't screw things up too much. I feel a buzzing in my back pocket and realize it's my phone. I nod to Audrey that I'm going to be right back and then I go outside to answer the text since calling me would be stupid.

From: Payton

yo 1d is stopping in NYC to drop me and Diamond off so they're here for a day

I roll my eyes. I don't need this right now.

To: Payton

I can't deal with that right now

She responds quickly.

From: Payton

Just thought I'd tell you bc Liam said he needed 2 talk 2 u

Wow my day just got a million times brighter. Not.

I pocket my phone and turn on my heel, accidentally smashing into an awfully familiar man opening the door.

He clears his throat. "I-I'm so sorry."

I give him a small smile and he holds the door open so I can go back inside.

I go up to the register while Leeroy sits at an empty table.

"It's your stalker," Audrey whispers to me as she notices him.

I playfully punch her in the arm. He's technically not my stalker.

"He looks awfully nervous," she observes. I look at him and yes indeed, he fiddling his fingers and glancing every direction but at me. His dark glasses make it hard to tell where he's looking but I'm positive it isn't anywhere near the counter.

"I wonder why," she muses and goes into the back, leaving me alone at the register.

There are no other customers so it's just me and Leeroy in the café. He seems to decide that he's going to order because he steps up to the counter.

"Hey um, Maybel," he greets and I'm instantly suspicious. I'm not wearing a name tag because mine got thrown out when I left and they're still working on making me a new one.

"I really have to talk to you," he says and beckons for me to come out from behind the counter.

Suddenly his hat and dark glasses are off and I'm looking into the familiar chocolatey brown eyes of none other than Liam Payne.

"Belle," he says softly. "I can explain. I know you don't want to see me and that you're over it but I think this might change your mind."

He takes a deep breath and reaches into a pocket of his trench coat before kneeling down in front of me. "Maybelline. I never want to be without you again. That was definitely the worst month of my life. Please marry me." He opens a black velvet box and then I'm looking at a shiny diamond ring.

I'm so surprised that I stumble backwards and knock into a table.

"Woah," Liam is quickly on his feet and supporting me. "Are you okay?"

His eyes look so worried. And the funny thing is, they're not worried about me saying no to his proposal, they're worried about me falling into a fucking table for God's sake.

Liam makes sure I'm balanced before stepping back and asking me for a second time, "will you marry me?"

I cover my mouth with my hand but he continues, taking my shocked silence as a bad thing.

"I know we're young and I have tours and stuff but we can make it work. I want you to be my wife. I want to get old with you. We can become wrinkly together. I never want to let you go ever again," he's breathing heavily when he finishes and I can do nothing but beam at him.

I grab the collar of his ridiculous trench coat and pull him towards me before kissing his lips forcefully.

We pull away quickly because he obviously can't breathe after making such a heartfelt speech. "Is that a yes?" he smiles his typical Liam smile.

I eagerly nod my head and he slides the ring onto my left ring finger. The one with the scar.

You bet it is Liam.

-

A/N

#MAYBELLIAM FTW

THE NEXT CHAPTER IS THE LAST ONE AND IT WILL BE GOOD OMG IM ALREADY FANGIRLING AND I HAVEN'T EVEN WRITTEN IT YET.

(just so you know, it'll probably be up on Saturday)

THANK YOU FOR EVERYTHING

I COULDN'T HAVE DONE IT WITHOUT YOU

ily

-JULIA