Moment of Silence

Introduction.

I don't know what it was.

The blood?

The gore?

The horror?

Maybe the fact that my mother was slowly dying from a very severe gash on her forehead in front of me?

Maybe it was my father's twisted arm lying on the seat next to my mother while his broken body lay in the street?

I'm pretty sure it's me. It's me just sitting there while my family dies with nothing but a scratch on my left ring finger to say I survived.

To say I survived the car crash where a drunk driver collided with the left headlight of our car, while another car rammed into the trunk, practically crushing it like a tin can.

It was my fault after all.

That was twelve years ago.

-----------------

I wasn't always this way.

When I was young, and said "peas" instead of "please", my father would rock me on his knee and tell me that I was his little darling and no one could ever take my place. Then my mom would enter and tell me that she could never love anyone more than she loved me and my father. I would always pat my mother on her head and lean my head against my fathers chest. A chest that was sturdy, strong and full of life and a head that was thinking wondrous thoughts.

"Why is she telling me this?" you may ask yourself. Well technically I'm not telling you anything. It's more like writing a note.

I don't talk much anymore.

In fact, I don't talk at all.

-----

A/N

NEW STORY

vote and comment if you liked it and maybe I'll post chapter 1 ;)

-Jules