Chapter 17.

Chapter 17.

When the sun went down, it got cold out. I was only in a dress for goodness sakes.

"Cold?" Luke asks as he notices me shivering. He begins to lift his sweatshirt over his head. I stop him. I'll be fine.

"No. I'm giving you my sweatshirt like a good boyfriend," he protests and instantly blushes from calling himself my boyfriend.

I look at him in disbelief. "Well," he continues, "that's if you want to be my girlfriend."

I smile and nod.

"Good," he smiles and strips his sweatshirt off. He hands it to me, a smile on his face.

I hesitate to take it.

"Go on. I know you're freezing. Just take it," he urges. I reluctantly take the sweatshirt and slip it on.

It's still warm from his body heat and I feel the cold melting away.

I give Luke a smile and he smiles back, even though I can see goosebumps forming on his now exposed arms.

-----------

We get back to the hotel at around 8:30. Luke claims that he's tired so he goes to bed.

I, on the other hand, am the least bit tired.

I'm way too excited to sleep. I mean who wouldn't be? I now a had a boyfriend. Someone who would be there for me and support me. What girl wouldn't be excited?

"How was it?" Diamond asks as she walks into the kitchen to join me at the table.

I smile and she takes it as a good sign.

"Julia and Niall are out, Harry is skypeing Maddeline, Ashton, Louis, Calum, and Payton are watching movies, Zayn is sleeping, and Liam is on the couch," she says.

I squint in concentration, trying to see if she got them all.

"Wait, I forgot Mich-" she's cut off by Michael walking into the kitchen and hugging her.

"Diamond," he moans and buries his face in her neck.

"I swear to God if you touch me again, I will kill you, Clifford," she threatens.

He immediately removes his hands from her waist.

"But why don't you like me?" he asks, confused.

Diamond shrugs. "I like you."

"Then why won't you date me?" he practically yells.

She shrugs. "You have to be worthy. You have to prove yourself."

"Okay," Michael replies and leaves the kitchen.

Diamond gives me a weird look as he waddles out of the kitchen like a penguin. "I'm serious man. He's amazing but sometimes he makes no sense."

-------

My eventful day is catching up to me and I find myself growing tired. On my way to my bedroom, I see a lump on the couch.

I look closer and see that it's Liam.

"Belle? Is that you?" he whispers groggily.

I go over to him and nod. I don't know if he can see me, it's dark.

"I can't do it anymore," he confesses.

What can't he do anymore?

"I can't stand you being with Luke," he says. "It's not supposed to be you and him. It just doesn't feel right. It feels like something bad will happen." He sits up and looks into my eyes.

"I think- I think I may like you Maybelline. I think I may like you as more than a friend," Liam admits.

The magnetic force pulling us together is back. His lips faintly brush mine and I can feel the sparks flying off.

It feels different than kissing Luke.

Luke!

I quickly pull away. This isn't right. Especially not with Luke in the next room.

"Sorry," Liam's hoarse voice whispers.

I pat his hand and begin to tiptoe to the door. I get into bed and close my eyes.

Soon I feel Luke's familiar arms wrapping around my waist, but this time I pull away. He groans in his sleep.

This time, instead of being as close as possible to Luke, I'm as close as possible to the edge of the bed.

Now it's different.

Now there's a whole ocean between us.

-----

A/N

SO I WAS ON A BAND TRIP TODAY AND IT WAS SO MUCH FUN.

THERE WAS A HOT GUY IN A BLUE POLO AND ANOTHER GUY WHO WAS DANCING AND IT WAS HILARIOUS.

IM LISTENING TO ONE DIRECTION RIGHT NOW. (Just in case you wanted to know)

Thanks for over 400 reads! Can we get to 500?

v o t e

c o m m e n t

a d d

I love you,

-Julia