Chapter 36.

Chapter 36.

"Oh. My. God," Maddeline says and shoves the small screen in my face. I take the phone and study a shirtless picture of Ashton Irwin.

"Look at his arms!" she fangirls and fans her face with her hands.

I give her a weird look.

"Oh come on. If there were more shirtless pictures of Luke, you'd be doing this same thing," she smirks at me and I roll my eyes, handing her phone back.

I've seen him shirtless enough times and I wish I hadn't. Of course Maddeline doesn't know that. There's no way I'm gonna tell her. It would ruin her image of Ashton Irwin and the rest of the band. So far, Liam is the only one who knows that Luke and I had sex and I'd like to keep it that way.

She continues to scroll through Instagram while I glare at the TV. We're watching some famous person thing on Disney channel. They just finished interviewing Austin Mahone.

It has been a week and Maddeline hasn't left my apartment. She's Skyped the boys every day and every single time, I don't get involved.

"Maybel," she sighs. I look at her as she stands up abruptly. "You need to do something besides mope around."

I huff and cross my arms over my chest.

"I'm going to help you get your job back today," she tells me and offers me a hand up from the couch.

I ponder her proposition. We are running a little low on cash. Ordering pizza and Chinese food for breakfast, lunch, and dinner every day has really cut us down.

I sigh but grab her hand and allow her to pull me up. She smiles at me and guides me to my room. It's pretty trashed but I manage to find some acceptable clothes. I quickly change and brush my tangly hair.

As soon as I'm done, Maddeline grabs my hand and yanks me out the door. Jonny waves to us as we leave and I'm a little happier. Why can't he like me? Then I could forget about Luke and Liam and just be a normal twenty year old with a boyfriend.

I don't have time to wave back because Maddeline drags me out of the lobby and into the city. She marches me into Starbucks.

Audrey's behind the counter and as our eyes connect, I see her face burst out into a smile.

"Maybel! Oh my god you're back!" she rushes up to me and hugs me so tightly that I loose my breath. She pulls back and grins at me. "I missed you so much!"

I smile back at her and she takes me into the back. She grabs my apron and slips it on over my head.

"You are officially back!" Audrey smiles and claps excitedly. I give her a weird look. I thought Rob was the only one who could give me my job back.

"He's on vacation so I'm in charge," she grins at me and I grin back. We walk back into the front and I see that Maddeline is busy talking on the phone. Probably Ashton. He's whipped.

I'm surprised at how much I missed working here. By the time it's time to leave, I've served fifteen customers and it's brought my mood up by a lot.

A blonde walks in followed by a dude with green hair and I feel a pang in my chest. I'm reminded of Michael and Niall walking in and ordering the wrong thing. Little did I know then that I'd ever be on tour with them.

I shake my head and leave with Maddeline after I've given Audrey another hug and I've hung up my apron.

The whole way home, Maddeline tells me about Ashton and all this bad stuff that Luke is doing because of me. I try to tune her out but I can't.

We reach my building and I give her a hug as thanks for getting me up off my ass.

"You're welcome May," she devilishly grins at me. "Now go strut your stuff up to your room. I've seen how you look at him," she nods at Jonny and I blush.

I give her the finger and push open the doors, being careful not to be seen by Jonny.

-

A/N

Just a filler, sorry :/

Thanks for 2,000 reads!

ily guyss

-Jules xx