Chapter 5.

Chapter 5.

"Hey Maybel, look at this!" Payton calls to me from her spot on the couch.

I look up from Wattpad and see that she's on Twitter.

"Look what Liam just tweeted!" She screams in excitement and shoves the phone into my line of vision.

'Great concert! Especially with mysterious M backstage!'

I look at her confused.

"Don't you see! He does like you! You're mysterious M!" Payton jumps up and down like a rubber ball.

I ponder the possibilities and come up with someone else who's name starts with an 'm'.

Quickly I shake my head, disagreeing with her claim. "Oh yeah? Then who was it?" she seems to be thinking too, even as she challenges me. "Oh. Michael. Yeah, it could be him too." She sighs, defeated.

I go back to reading on Wattpad. Wattpad is another one of the ways I escape the world. I can write about whatever I want and no one can tell me I can't. I can also read what other people are writing and escape onto their imaginary world.

"What book are you reading?" Payton asks, looking over my shoulder.

I show her the cover of Fly Away With Me.

"I read that book! Isn't it by FootballWithNiall?" She asks excited.

I nod.

"Oh my god I wanted to kill the author for the ending so I'm glad she wrote an alternate one!" Payton shakes her head angrily.

I slap my hand over her mouth so she doesn't tell me anything else.

After a few hours of doing nothing, I decide I should get back to my apartment. I give Payton a hug and grab my stuff. I walk to my apartment building. The main floor is nearly empty so I spot Jonathan right away. I roll my eyes as he walks over.

"Let me take these up to your room for you, Maybel," he says, taking my bags from my hands.

As we walk to the elevator, he asks, "why haven't you been talking to me lately?"

I chuckle and sarcastically point to my mouth. 'Duh. I don't talk.' "Well you know what I mean. Let me rephrase my question. Why haven't you been waving to me?" He chuckles, showing his dimples.

We get to the elevator and I press the button for my floor. What am I supposed to say? That I saw him with that other girl and it made me jealous? I just shrug.

"Please don't be mad at me. You're one of my good friends. I really admire you," he blushes and looks at the floor. For a moment, I can see him leaning over and kissing me full on the lips. My hopes are dashed when he covers up and says, "you know, for like choosing to go mute and stuff."

The rest of the ride up silent with nothing but our breathing and him shifting my bags around in his arms.

"What do you have in here, bricks?" He jokes as we get to my floor. I smile and try to take them from him.

"No it's fine. I can carry it to your apartment," Jonathan says kindly.

I lead the way to my apartment and he follows. I open my door and he walks in and sets my bags on the kitchen table.

"Nice piano," he compliments, after looking around my small but comfortable living space.

I smile at his compliment and he smiles back. "Well, I have to get back to work. See you around May," he smiles one last time and leaves, shutting the door behind him.

I sit down at my laptop and start to type, the words flowing out of me and onto Wattpad.

-----------

Glancing at the clock, I see that it's already past 10:00.

Dang. And I have work tomorrow.

I frown to myself and get myself ready for bed.

-----

A/N

Filler chapter but whatever.

Just so you know, every chapter is a different day. Fyi, this chapter was on a Sunday and the last one was on a Saturday. So in case you were confused. Which you probably weren't. Eh

I love you!

-Julia.