Chapter 11.

Chapter 11.

Airplanes are scary. I now know why I never traveled on one before.

I look out the small window on the private jet and instantly wish I didn't.

"Are you okay?" I hear a gentle voice ask.

I turn and see Liam looking at me with concern. I thought he was mad at me. I guess not.

I don't want to make anything difficult so I lie and shake my head.

"I don't believe you, so I'm going to sit here, even though you say you're fine," he smiles at me and sits down.

I give him a confused look. Just a couple days ago, he got mad at me and wouldn't talk to me. What made him change his mind?

"Niall told me," he seems to read my thoughts. "I'm sorry I got mad. I just thought you were trying to be rude. I really hope we can still be friends," he looks at me hopefully.

I nod and smile. He smiles back. His smile is familiar so I find myself racking through my brain, trying to find where I've seen it before.

I can't put my finger on it.

"So what do you like to do?" Liam tries to start a conversation. I raise my eyebrow at him and he blinks at me with a blank look on his face. As soon as he realizes I can't respond, he face palms. "Shit, sorry. I forgot."

I roll my eyes playfully, showing that it's fine with me.

"So I've been think-"

"Hey May," Luke casually states, sitting down across from us, ignoring the fact that he completely cut Liam off.

I can sense the tension rising.

"As I was saying before I rudely got interrupted was that I've been think-"

"So what's up?" Luke cuts him off again. The smug smirk on his face is proof that he's doing it on purpose.

"Luke, god, just shut up," Liam hisses angrily.

"Oh, were you trying to say something, Liam?" Luke asks, pretending to be innocent. He's baiting Liam. He's baiting him so he'll lash out.

"For the love of-"

"So Maybel, I was wondering if maybe, you w-wanted to, uhm," Luke is nervous now, even though he succeeded in interrupting Liam for the third time. He's stuttering. "If you wanted to maybe go to a restaurant with me? Like when we land because, well, you can't go out to eat on an airplane. Well you probably could bu-"

"We get it Luke, you're asking her out," Liam huffs in annoyance.

"So will you?" Luke asks me, completely ignoring Liam.

I nod. It'll be fun to hangout with him some more. He's been such a great friend.

Luke fist pumps and I go back to trying to look out the window.

Soon, despite my earlier anxiety, I find myself dozing off.

----------

For some reason I wake up when the plane stops moving. I'm still in the same chair but Luke has gone over by Calum and Liam is nowhere to be seen.

I groggily rub my eyes. Luke notices I'm awake and come over to me.

"Have a nice nap?" he asks with a gleam of happiness in his eyes. I nod. "Good. Well we're in the UK now!" he does jazz hands as if it's some miracle we made it here.

I'm sure I must look terrible but he doesn't seem like he cares.

"You ready for that dinner outing tonight?" he asks, his knee bouncing rapidly, a sure sign he's nervous.