Chapter 8.

Chapter 8.

I slowly open my eyes to find that I'm not in my bed. I'm on a couch. And not my couch either.

I sit up and recognize Payton's apartment.

"Good morning sleepy head. Sleep well?" Payton's recognizable voice asks.

I nod.

"No nightmares?" she asks worriedly.

I shake my head and smile. I'm relieved that I was able to sleep.

"Well I'll let you wake up a bit but we need to get going soon," she says as she puts stuff into a backpack.

I give her a confused look.

"The concert silly! We're picking up Diamond and Maddeline too so we should leave sooner rather than later," she continues to pack stuff into the backpack.

I nod in understanding and rush to get ready. Payton lets me wear some of her clothes because mine are obviously at my apartment. I put on shorts, an Ed Sheeran T'shirt (because hey, who doesn't love him?), and the combat boots that I had worn to work.

I brush my teeth, comb my hair, and use the bathroom.

"All set?" she asks and I nod when I leave the bathroom. We walk out the door and she locks it behind us.

We get into her car, a bright yellow BMW beetle, and drive off to pick up Maddeline and Diamond.

-----------

"And live while we're young!" The three of them scream at the top of their lungs as we make our way down the freeway.

"Isn't this fun?" Diamond asks excitedly.

"Eh. It's kind of the norm for me," Payton shrugs from her place in the driver's seat.

"Oh shut up. Yes this is fun," Maddeline agrees with Diamond and I hear them high-five.

---------

"How long is this going to take?" Diamond groans, all of the energy from before, whisked away.

"Yeah. I need to stretch my legs," Maddeline comments.

"Well we are Wisconsinites and we're driving to Chicago which is in a whole different state. It's going to take a while," Payton rolls her eyes.

I smile to myself and go back to watching the scenery go past.

-----

"Thank the lord! I can feel the earth beneath my feet!" Diamond exclaims loudly as we get out of the car at our destination.

Payton rolls her eyes and starts walking to the arena. I stretch my arms above my head and follow the rest of the girls through the parking lot.

--------

"Aye!" Ashton exclaims as he sees us. "You've made it!"

I smile and shrug. Payton nods and goes over to sit by Calum.

"Who are you guys?" Ashton gives Maddeline and Diamond such weird looks that I almost end up dying from looking at his face.

"Um I'm Diamond," Diamond states.

"That's a pretty name," Ashton says. "I like that name. Hey guys! We have new friends!" He screams to everyone else in the room, including the members of One Direction.

The one with the buzz cut seems so familiar. He's studying me with the same look he was last time I was at a concert.

I look around the room, trying to ignore his stare, as I make myself comfortable on a couch. I realize that there's another person in here. She's new. She has green eyes and brown hair. She looks about 19 and she's tall. She looks like a model.