Chapter 35.

Chapter 35.

The movie ends abruptly but I just sit and stare at the rolling credits with wide, teary, crusty eyes.

I've been back in New York for almost two days now. Well, it'll be two days in approximately 27.5 seconds. I haven't done anything but watch movies.

Titanic was the first. I practically screamed at Rose for hogging the damn log.

Then The Great Gatsby. The one with Leonardo DiCaprio. I finished a whole box of tissues.

I guess I was in a Leonardo mood.

Spider-Man 1, 2, and 3. The end of the third movie resulted in me eating a whole tub of ice cream and crying some more.

I've just finished Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire. I screamed at Voldemort for five minutes about Cedric.

I lean back against the couch and sniffle. The clock now reads 12:00 am. I've been back for exactly two days. This starts another crying fit and I'm forced to sit up again so I can breathe.

I miss them so much. So goddamn much.

Even Harry and his perverted comments. Even Liam and Luke and their constant squabbling. Louis and his constant screaming. I even miss Zayn and his secret smoking.

I hurriedly wipe my eyes and turn the TV off and remind myself that what I did was the best for everyone.

I pull out my phone and text Maddeline. She will listen to my rants.

'I'm so miserable you need to come over."

10 minutes later, there's a soft knock on my door.

I open it to find Maddeline with another tub of ice cream. We don't even say anything to each other. She just walks in and plops in front of the TV. We have a telepathic conversation and decide to watch all six Star Wars movies.

I pop the fourth one into the DVD player (if you watch the first one first you are a loser and don't know anything. The fourth one is first 😊) and sit down next to my friend.

Half way through, our ice cream is gone and Han Solo, Luke Skywalker, and Obi Wan Kenobi are in the Death Star, fighting evil Stormtroopers and rescuing Princess Leia.

-

All six Star Wars movies later, Maddeline is asleep and I am silently weeping Padmé's death and Anakin's turn to the dark side.

"So what'd I miss?" Maddeline yawns as I turn the TV off.

I shrug. She's already seen all the movies so technically she didn't miss anything.

"I mean with the tour," she rolls her eyes at me.

I sigh and lean back against the couch.

"Please tell me," she gives me a puppy dog face. "I need to know about my babies."

I give her a weird look.

"How are Ashton and Harry?" she clarifies with wide eyes.

I give her two thumbs up. Ashton and Harry are the least of my problems at the moment. My two problems start with the same letter but one has bright blue eyes and the other has chocolatey brown ones.

Maddeline devilishly grins at me. "Why don't we Skype Payton and Julia and Diamond and they can tell us everything."

I quickly shake my head. It's a horrible idea and as much as I want to see my friends, I don't want to see any of the nine boys they're staying with.

"Well I'm going to whether you like it or not," she states stubbornly and pulls out her laptop.

I hear the Skype call initiating and hide under the table so I can hear the conversation but I won't be seen. Soon, Julia picks up.

"Hey Madd Dog," she greets Maddeline.

"Hi Julia! Long time no see! Oh my gosh is that a nose piercing?" Maddeline squeals as she sees Julia's nose. "Gahh it's great!"

"Thanks! I really like it. Niall says it makes me look hot," Julia says and I hear Niall in the background yell, "you do look hot!"

Maddeline giggles. "You should go get Payton and Diamond so we can all talk."

"Okay I'll be right back," Julia says as, I'm assuming, she runs off.

"Is that a Maddeline I see?" A deep voice asks.

"Idiot," Maddeline whispers under her breath.

"I'm not an idiot," Harry's familiar voice protests.

"I'm pretty sure you are," Ashton says. "You never even graduated from high school. You made it to tenth grade and then you quit."

"Technically I didn't quit," Harry butts in. "I was meeting Simon Cowell."

"Yeah okay," Ashton says sarcastically.

"It's true!" Harry insists.

I try to get up to go to the bathroom but I end up hitting my head on the table I'm sitting under, alerting our audience to my presence.

"What was that?" Ashton asks Maddeline.

Maddeline gives me a look. "It's just my...cat."

I crouch on my hands and knees so I can see the screen but they still can't see me.

"Really?" Ashton looks confused. "Yesterday you told me you were allergic to cats. Or maybe it was dogs? I'm pretty sure it was cats though."

Maddeline glares at me and I shrug.

"Woah, your cat has long hair," Harry gapes at the screen and I realize my hair is showing up.

"Yes, she does," Maddeline huffs. "I have to get it cut sometime."

I duck my head down as I hear Harry ask, "Whats your cat's name? Mine is named Dusty." He seems proud of this name for his cat.

"Oh. Mine is named, uh, April," Maddeline says slowly.

"That reminds me," Ashton smiles at the camera. "How is May? She left so quickly. We only got her note and that's it. Luke and Liam haven't left their rooms since she left."

"She's-" Maddeline sucks in a breath. "Doing okay."

"That's good. I'm sorry she felt like she had to leave."

"Yeah," Maddeline sneaks a side glance at me as we see Julia coming back into view.

"Well it was great talking to you Maddeline," Harry smirks, "and company." He looks right at me and it's obvious that he knew I was there the whole time.

So much for hiding.

-

A/N

This book will be over soon :(

Please vote and comment as I have noticed a drop in reads, votes, and comments.

Go read my new book please!

ily

-Jules xx