Chapter 9

Chapter 9.

"Do I look different to you?" mother asks and as she comes towards me, with a bloody face and open claws, my alarm goes off.

I slowly get out of bed and go over to my dresser after turning off my alarm.

I get dressed for work and head out the door, not even bothering to eat breakfast.

-------

The day passes quickly with hardly anything noteworthy taking place. At 5:30, I take out a piece of paper and write Rob a quick note.

'Dear Rob,

I've been offered an exciting opportunity to travel with a band while they are on tour. Unfortunately, this means that I won't be at work. I'm not really sure where I'm going with this note but I guess it was just to tell you I won't be in for a while, seeing as we leave on Saturday and today is Thursday.

-Maybelline

I decide that that is a good letter and go off to find my boss.

He glances at the letter and slowly shakes his head. "May, you've already missed a number of days this week. I can't let you go, I'm really sorry."

I can see the apologetic look in his eyes and I know he isn't lying.

I slowly turn and walk away, after hanging up my apron.

I text Diamond on my way home, asking what I should do.

'I would quit if I were you' she texts back.

'But that means losing my job :(' I sent.

'Would you rather go on tour with 1d or work at a boring old Starbucks?' She has a point.

I head home, knowing exactly how I'm going to handle the situation.

-------

A/N

Yeah, short update but as I mentioned before, each chapter represents a day in the story. So if it's an uneventful day, it's an uneventful chapter.

Thanks for over 100 reads!

I love you guys!

-J xx