Chapter 7.

Chapter 7.

"So where do you want to go?" she asks.

"How about over there!" I point excitedly.

"The one with the toys?" he asks to confirm it.

"Yes daddy!" I squeal and clap my hands.

He turns on his turn signal and when the light turns green, he goes.

Suddenly my whole world is side ways and I'm falling into a deep, dark, pit.

Flashes of images flick past me in a matter of seconds.

Red car.

Our car.

Tin can.

Dents.

Blood.

People screaming.

A cut on my finger.

I stop falling and I'm back in my car, except, its different.

No laughing.

No noise.

Just silence.

"Momma?" I ask, hesitantly.

"Yes baby?" she answers and I'm glad. Thank goodness she's okay. That is, until she looks at me.

Bright red blood streams down her face and she has to keep wiping her eyes to keep it from getting in them. There are already several splatters of the red liquid on her white shirt.

Her eyes aren't the clear hazel brown I've known to love. They're hazy and look as if there is smoke in them.

"Are you okay mummy?" I ask, worriedly.

"I'm fine darling. Do I look different to you?" she asks, confused.

I shake my head but she keeps asking, "do I look different to you?"

"Daddy!" I scream. He told me he would protect me. Always.

"I'm fine sweetie!" his voice calls from the street. Meanwhile, my mother is still asking if she looks different.

Ignoring her, I look to his seat and find it filled with blood. Along with the blood, to my horror, is a single arm. It's bashed and bloody but looks like my father's.

I glance out the window and see him lying in the street, dead. Blood has stained the white concrete surrounding him a striking red.

"Daddy!" I scream again. He needs to protect me. I need him.

"Do I look different to you?" my mother chants as her eyes roll back into her head and I'm left staring at nothing but blank white eyes.

It doesn't seem to bother her though. "Do I look different to you?" she asks and I stare at her in horror. The repeated question mocking me and filling every inch of my brain.

The blood spilling from the gash has now dripped down into her mouth so her teeth are no longer white. They're tinged red. Her eyes are still white and blood is dripping on them too, since her arms have seemed to stop working to wipe it away.

"It's okay honey," she smiles, exposing her red teeth. "Just tell me if I look different," she coaxes and her eyes are no longer white. They've turned pitch black. I can see my own reflection in them.

Her nails are suddenly talons and her teeth are suddenly fangs.

I scream but can barely get any sound out do to her nails digging into my throat.