Chapter 22.

Chapter 22.

It's still rather early when I stand up from reading Zayn's journal.

I can't really go back to sleep when my mind's moving a mile a minute. I decide to talk a walk.

As quietly as I can, I walk out into the dimly lit hall. I walk through the kitchenette and into the small living room area. A dark shape in the corner catches my eye.

It looks an awfully lot like a piano but why would they bring a piano on tour with them?

I get closer and see that it is indeed a piano. I turn on the light and sit down on the bench.

I didn't mean to get so carried away. One minute my fingers were tickling the ivories and the next I was full out playing.

I don't know what I was playing. Maybe I was expressing myself. I don't really know. When I stop to take a break, a voice surprises me.

"That was beautiful," Louis's gentle voice compliments.

I smile at him.

"Just in case you're wondering, I was a little mad at first that someone was playing my piano, but then I listened a little closer and I was really moved." He gives me a sympathetic smile. "You have a lot of emotion in you, Maybel."

So it's Louis's piano. That explains why it's here.

He must see the amazement in my face. "Didn't expect the crazy one the play piano did ya?" He smiles an adorable smile and sits down next to me on the bench.

He plays a couple notes before turning to me.

"I just had an idea!" Louis says happily. "We could do a duet!"

I quickly shake my head. Crowds and I don't mix well.

He pouts. "Why not?"

I shrug, not knowing how to tell him about my fear of crowds.

"Stage fright?" he asks with an impish smile.

I blush and nod.

"That's okay," he gives me a small hug. "I was scared the first concert we had, but you get used to it after a while."

I shrug. I don't know. I want to but I don't. I want to be famous but I don't want people to know who I am.

"On come on," he playfully knocks his shoulder into mine, "it'll be fun! The fans will love it!"

Finally I give in. I nod like a maniac, surprised at how much I actually like the idea.

Louis fist pumps. "Yes!"

Suddenly the lights flicker on. "Woah. What's going on here?" Ashton asks, rubbing his eyes.

"Maybel is going to play a duet with me for our concert!" Louis exclaims rather loudly.

Ashton winces at Louis's loud voice. "That's great," he yawns. "But could you please coordinate your fantastic duet at a time that isn't this early? It's only like six in the morning."

"What's going on?" Niall yawns from behind Ashton. Julia appears next to him and he gives her a sleepy smile.

"They're making a duet I think," Ashton says as he waddles off to his room.

"Really?" Harry's voice asks. He shuffles up to Niall and I can see the dark circles under his eyes.

"Hey Haz!" Louis yells, full of energy even though it's only six.

"Hey BooBear," Harry gives Louis a sleepy smile.

"Why?" Liam yells from his room. "Why are you so loud?"

"Sorry!" Louis screams back.

"Good God! Shut the fuck up!" Michael's voice chimes in.

"You all are fucking idiots!" Diamond yells from somewhere in the suite. "Except for Maybel! She's cool because she doesn't yell at six in the fucking morning!"

"Oh! So I'm an idiot now?" Payton asks loudly in response to Diamond.

"You always were Kostichki!" Diamond yells back.

"Hey! You need to shut up about my girlfriend! She is perfect!" Calum chimes in.

"Sorry I'm sleep deprived and cranky, Hood! Maybe if Lou hadn't gotten up so early, we wouldn't be screaming at each other from different rooms!" Diamond fires back.

"Actually-" Louis begins to yell, but a quick glare from Julia silences him.

"Let it go," she tells him calmly but I can tell she's trying not to scream at him herself.

"Ha! Good one Jules! That's a pun!" Louis exclaims and starts to sing Frozen songs.

He stops when Luke enters the room and storms up to him.

"Shut. Up. Louis," Luke states firmly. He looks at me and his features soften. "Hey May," he greets. I smile and look at the ground but he lifts my chin up and swiftly kisses me on the lips.

"PDA!" Louis screams like a siren. "PDA! I'm the PDA police! Break it up!"

I pull away startled but Luke just gives Lou the finger and stalks off.

"Breakfast!" Louis screams after Luke has left. No one wants to argue so we just have breakfast at 6:05 am. We're all awake anyway.

At 7:30, when we're clearing the table and washing the dishes, Zayn shuffles in.

"I had the weirdest dream," he states. "I thought Louis was screaming and woke everyone up."

Everyone turns to glare at Louis.

He shrugs and looks at Zayn. "That may or may not be true."

Niall rolls his eyes. "How did you sleep through that?"

"I didn't hear any of it, to be honest," Zayn shrugs and helps himself to some bacon.

"Good grief. Do you wear earplugs to bed?" Michaels asks incredulously.

"No," Zayn gives him a weird look. "I just sleep. Unlike the rest of you insomniacs."

This starts another round of debates.

Good grief.

---------

A/N

1k?

Lets do it!

Yay!

ily all!

-Jules xx