Chapter 26

Chapter 26.

After a loud night of screaming and pizza throwing, I'm glad to wake up to silence.

Luke isn't in my bed so that either means he left already or he didn't sleep with me at all.

I'm fine with both options.

I hop out of bed and enter the bathroom. I take a pill and start to strip. A nice shower should wake me up.

When I'm done with my shower, and I'm brushing my wet hair, my eyes go back to the bruises. Boy are they nasty. Not to mention my you-know-what hurts like hell. If sex always feels like this afterward I have no idea why people love it.

I shake my head at myself and let my hair fall around my face. I wish I could hide in my hair. That'd be nice.

I walk back into the bedroom and throw on some panties and a bra. I then put on a shirt that has The Killers's logo on it. I put on some shorts and Vans and head out to meet everyone else.

"No. Stop it," Diamond's voice rings out in the hallway.

"Please?" Michael whines.

I can imagine Diamond rolling her eyes and crossing her arms. "Fine. But just one. I'm just going with you on one date and one date only."

"Thank you! You won't regret it!" Michael yells and I hear a sharp intake of breath. He must be squeezing the life out of her with one of his hugs.

I smile to myself and continue to the kitchen. It's unusually quiet for morning.

"They all went swimming," a voice says from the doorway.

I turn to see Louis.

"I like your shirt," he says. "I have one that's black."

I smile at him and head over to the fridge. I grab an orange and sit down at the table.

"We have a concert tonight," he says. I shrug my shoulders. I don't care.

"Are we going to play our duet?" he asks.

I quickly shake my head no. We've barely started to sound good.

"Oh," he scratches his head, "okay." He leaves me to eat my orange in peace.

When I'm done with my orange, it comes to my attention that Louis, Diamond, and Michael have all gone up to go swim.

I'm all alone.

That's fine with me. I don't really like the human race right now.

"Maybel?" A very familiar voice says. "Can I talk to you?"

Scratch that. I'm not alone anymore.

Liam's in the doorway with nothing but swim trunks on and they look like they're about to fall off.

I nod.

"Okay," he walks up to me and takes my hand, pulling me into the other room.

He's dripping wet but he doesn't seem to care. He takes my hand and turns it over.

"What the hell are these?" He asks as he points out the bruises on my wrist.

I shrug.

"Don't fucking tell me you don't know. I know you know. Tell me the truth," he looks me in the eyes sternly.

I decide that I'm not going to hold any more secrets than I already have so I point to the silver necklace hanging daintily at my neck.

"I knew it," Liam huffs and runs a hand through his hair. "Luke has been a dick to you."

I shrug again. Sometimes Luke has been a gentleman and other times he's been a monster.

"I knew you weren't on your period yesterday," he states. "I knew something was wrong. Not even a girl on her period would go to so much trouble as to cover up with such a fuzzy towel and never take it off even though it was well over 80 degrees yesterday."

I look at the floor.

"I was thinking about all last night," he says.

I feel bad. I made him not get any sleep. But this should be flattering to me because he stayed up thinking about me. It honestly makes my heart hurt. I'm so confused.

"Then it finally just clicked," Liam admits softly. "Are there anymore?" he asks quietly after a minute.

I hesitate. This could ruin everything.

I slowly lift up the hem of my shirt so the top of the bruises are visible. They disappear into the top of my shorts so Liam motions for me to pull down my shorts.

It's not that awkward. It's just Liam. All he will do is help me.

"Holy shit," he exclaims as his eyes widen in sight of the purple patches on my hips and torso.

"Luke did all this?" He questions and I nod.

"How many times did you, you know?" his cheeks turn pink and I swear it's the cutest thing ever.

I hold up one finger and Liam lets out a low whistle.

"What a little fucker," he says and I can tell he's getting angry. "He can't just do that to you!"

I pull up my shorts and let my shirt fall back to its rightful place. This is getting awkward now.

"You need to break up with him," Liam says sternly. "I knew he was a jerk but this is a just a whole new level of douche-bag."

I shake my head. I can't break his heart. Calum had me promise that I wouldn't hurt Luke and one thing I never do is break promises.

----

A/N

Do me a favor and go read my book Fly Away With Me? It only needs 40 more reads and then it'll have 1k!

I love you all!

Thanks for 1.2k!

V o t e

C o m m e n t

D o w h a t e v e r

-Julia xx