Chapter 13.

Chapter 13.

A couple hours later, it's concert time.

While everyone is onstage performing, Julia, Diamond, Payton, and I, wait backstage.

"Liam doesn't seem like he's doing so well," Payton points out.

Diamond agrees with her. "He looks like he's going to throw up."

"Well he did drink a lot last night," Julia mumbles.

"I can't believe Luke is being such a dick to him!" Payton huffs.

"I'm on Liam's side. If I were him, I'd slap Luke in the face," Diamond shrugs.

"Same," Julia agrees.

I sigh and sit on the couch. I wish I knew what Luke's intentions were. I want to know why he's being so mean.

Onstage, the beginning of Through the Dark come on and 5SOS leaves the stage.

"He's probably gonna hurl," I hear Luke snicker to Mikey.

"Luke, give him a break, okay dude?" Mikey says back. "It's your fault he feels horrible."

"Jeez, why is everyone on his side?" Luke mumbles.

"Because you're straight out bullying him!" Diamond yells.

"And how am I doing that?" Luke spits back.

"Are you that blind?" Julia chimes in.

"You know what, forget it. Come on Maybel. We're leaving," Luke extends his hand towards me while glaring at everyone else.

I look desperately at Payton, hoping she'll pick up my distress beacon. I don't want to leave yet.

"Come on May," Luke says through gritted teeth.

"She doesn't want to leave yet," Payton speaks up. Thank God!

"Yes she does. She likes me," Luke crosses his arms.

"How do you know? Has she ever told you?" Payton raises her eyebrows and smirks.

"Yea- wait. N-no, but she's kissed me!" Luke fights back.

"I think you kissed her, not the other way around," Diamond pouts.

Luke is silent for a moment. "Fine. I guess I'll stay if Maybel wants to," he shoots me an apologetic smile and sits on the couch next to me.

It feels like the first time we were on this couch, back in America.

He interlaces his fingers with mine, something he seems to do a lot.

"Oh shit!" Calum cries and everyone rushes over to where he's standing, watching the concert.

"Poor Liam," Julia says sympathetically.

"Ew. His puke is nasty," Payton says.

"Isn't all puke nasty?" Diamond asks.

Payton shrugs.

We watch as Harry helps Liam up. "Sorry folks. We'll be right back!" Harry says into the microphone.

Harry helps Liam offstage and sits him down near the toilet.

I go back by them to see if I can help.

"Hey Belle," Liam smiles weekly at me and I'm surprised that he remembers the nickname he gave me when he was drunk last night.

I smile at him.

"I threw up," he says, matter of factly.

I roll my eyes playfully.

"Do you think you can take care of him?" Harry asks me and I nod. "Thanks."

Harry leaves and goes back onstage.

"So, how's Luke?" he asks. Why does he want to talk about this right now?

I shrug.

Liam makes small talk with me, asking yes or no questions the whole concert time.

He doesn't throw up once.

----------

By the time the concert has ended, it's dark outside and a light rain has started to fall.

We scurry to the waiting cars and quickly jump in.

When we get back to the hotel suite, Julia plops on the couch. "Goodness gracious, I'm tired," she states with a yawn.

"Come on, you can sleep with me tonight okay?" Niall offers, holding out his hand to her. She gladly takes it and he practically carries her to his room.

"Well I guess all the couples are going together," Calum states, running a hand through his hair. "Come on Payton." Payton follows him.

Diamond has already fallen asleep on the couch so I walk down the hallway to my room.

I get into bed and shut the lights off.

I start to drift off when someone opens my door. I pretend to be asleep.

I feel whoever it is, sit on the bed. They soon lay down next to me.

"I act like I'm not afraid," Luke's voice whispers into the darkness. "But the truth is, I'm terrified," he mumbles as he gently wraps his arms around my waist and buries his face into my hair.

I smile to myself and finally drift off to sleep.

--------

A/N

Thanks for 242 reads! I love you guys!

Don't forget to vote and comment!

-J xx