Chapter 23.

Chapter 23.

After the Early-Morning-Louis-Fiasco, I crept back into my room to read. I was really getting into this one good book. Besides, I couldn't do much else with a half-sprained ankle.

My eyes absorbed the words like a sponge absorbed water. While I read, I absentmindedly played with the necklace Luke had given me.

I had never really taken it off for more than a couple minutes. I don't know why because it wasn't like I needed to wear it all the time. Every time I took a shower and removed the small chain and piece of metal, my neck felt naked without it.

"Hi Belle," a soft voice says from the doorframe. My eyes look up from the book and meet Liam's soft brown ones.

I give him a smile and drop the necklace back onto its rightful place.

"Mind if I come in and give you some company?" He asks politely. Luke would never ask. He'd just come barging in.

He quietly comes in and begins to settle into one of the chairs on the far side of the room. Another thing Luke wouldn't do.

I make eye contact with Liam and pat the bed, motioning that he should come sit by me.

"Really? Won't Luke be mad?" He asks tentatively.

I shrug. If Luke asks, it was my idea.

Liam hesitantly walks over and sits on the bed as far away from me as possible. Is he trying to avoid me? Am I a contagious disease? Why would he even come in if he didn't want to be near me?

Luke would just barge in and sit as close to me as possible. Liam and Luke are almost complete opposites.

I don't know why I keep comparing the two. It's not like they're competing for anything and I'm the judge. It's not a game show.

I go back to my book and eventually I feel Liam lean back so he's on his back, staring at the ceiling.

"Do you ever wonder what life would be like if Luke weren't here?" Liam suddenly asks. What kind of a question is that?

He looks at me for an answer and I shake my head. No. I've never though of a Luke-less world. The idea hadn't even crossed my mind.

"I have," he states and goes back to staring at whatever is on the ceiling.

We fall back into silence.

It's hard to concentrate on my book when I know he's just laying there, two feet away from me, staring at nothing.

I begin to fidget and I'm pretty sure he can feel it.

"Is this too awkward?" Liam asks.

I quickly shake my head and feel heat rising to my cheeks. It's perfect in a weird way.

Liam is so much calmer, more mature, nicer, quieter--

Than who? Luke? Why am I still comparing them?

I lean my head back in frustration. I can't concentrate anymore. Liam is making that task way too difficult.

I carefully stand up and put most of my weight on my good foot. Liam rushes up to help even though I probably don't need him to.

"You good?" He asks as he looks me in the eyes after I've situated myself so he's propping me up.

I nod and we hobble towards the door.

Luke finds us as we're trying to get to the living room area and almost screams in my face.

"Maybelline! What are you doing with him?" Luke shouts at me as he points an accusing finger at Liam.

Liam does his best to try and look innocent as he holds his hands up in surrender.

I wince from Luke's yelling and also the fact that I have put weight on my injured ankle because Liam had let go to raise his hands.

Luke seems to realize my discomfort and without another word, scoops me up and carries me bridal style, back to the bedroom.

I squirm in his arms. I don't want to be in this damn room anymore.

"Stop wiggling May. I may drop you," he teases and sets me on the bed. "Now," he drops his voice to a more serious tone. "What were you doing with that freak of nature?"

I glare at him. Liam is my friend and I don't appreciate Luke talking about him like that.

"I forbid you to go near him, you understand?" Luke stares at me coldly, his blue eyes having lost their warmth.

I roll my eyes.

"Promise me, Maybel," he hisses into my ear.

I stubbornly shake my head 'no.'

Luke forcefully grabs my wrists and places them on his shoulders.

"Stubborn Maybel is so fucking hot," he mumbles as he spreads my legs and steps between them.

Why is Luke so bipolar? One minute he wants to kill someone, the next he wants sex.

"Kiss me, May," he huffs into my ear and I begin to realize that this is for his pleasure, not entirely for mine.

I push him away but he either doesn't understand or doesn't want to understand.

"When I say kiss me, you kiss me," he whispers through clenched teeth as he brings his mouth to mine rather roughly.

Luke immediately shoves his tongue down my throat and grinds into me.

I try not to gag as I attempt to push him away again.

"Stop wiggling so much," he mumbles against my lips before moving to suck on my neck. Before he does so, he takes my wrists and holds them both in one of his large hands.

I whimper as he bites and sucks on my neck. It honestly hurts.

He blows on the place he was working on and admires his work. "There. Now that prick and every other one out there will know you belong to one person and one person only." He looks me in the eyes. The warm blue I'm used to has turned as hard as ice.

I nervously gulp.

"Me."

------------

A/N

dark Luke holy crap

He's scary.

NEW COVER YAY

ily all!

-Julia xx