Chapter 37.

(I'm trying to update everyday because this is almost over 😊 hope you like it)

Chapter 37.

"But Mum," I whine impatiently as the car is stopped at the light.

"What Maybelline?" she snaps and glares at me from the passenger seat. It's not normal for her to be this edgy.

She rolls her eyes when I don't answer and turns back to the front.

"Dad?" I ask hopefully, hoping he won't be as angry as my mother.

"What the hell do you want?" my mother whips her head around to glare at me again but this time, she's different. Her eyes are completely black.

My eyes widen and she just grins wickedly. I watch in horror as her now exposed canines grow longer until they are fangs.

"What did you want honey?" she asks sweetly. Her voice is sugar sweet, such a contrast from her previous tone.

I'm frozen in fear as she reaches back and puts a gnarly hand on my throat. I try to scream but no sound comes out. I still can't move anything but my eyes and my mouth.

"Aw, what's wrong? Cat got your tongue?" she smirks and tightens her grip. I can feel my air becoming constricted.

"That's too bad," she fake pouts and then her long taloned fingers are crushing my windpipe.

I jolt out of bed screaming.

I haven't had a nightmare like this in a while. I must have forgotten to take my pills again. I absentmindedly rub my left ring finger, the one that has the small scar on it from the car crash.

I get out of bed and tromp into the bathroom. I take a quick shower, trying to get the thoughts out of my mind.

I throw on some shorts and a tank top before eating some breakfast. My TV is on Disney channel and today they're interviewing One Direction. I roll my eyes but watch it anyway.

It's now been a month since I left them in London. Things are basically normal again because I've pretty much gotten over it. Diamond, Payton, and Julia have kept me updated on the tour. Right now, they're in Japan.

"So," the interviewer starts, "I'm sure your fans would love to know which ones of you are single."

Each band member blushes except for Liam.

"I'm engaged to a beautiful girl," Niall says happily into the mic while smiling at the camera. I can just imagine Julia going berserk.

"I have a girl in mind," Harry winks at the camera. There go Maddeline's feels. I'll be sure to hear about this later.

"I'm single and ready to mingle," Louis wiggles his eyebrows at the camera and the interviewer laughs.

"I'm single as well," Zayn says.

"I'm single but I have one girl who is always on my mind," Liam says last and I know he's talking about me.

"Oh who's the lucky gal?" the interviewer questions.

Liam sighs and looks at his hands. "She's not lucky at all. She's been through a lot of crap."

The interviewer frowns. "Would you like to-"

"Just don't talk about it," Niall interrupts. Thank God for his soul.

"Moving on," the interviewer catches the hint and moves on to the next question. I click the TV off, not wanting to listen to anymore.

I brush my teeth, slip on my black Vans, and head downstairs to the lobby.

"Hey May," Jonny says in the lobby. I smile and blush as he comes closer.

"It's great to have you back," he says. "Things were getting kind of quiet without you here," he tells me and looks at his Nike high tops.

I don't know how to respond to this so I do something I never thought I'd do. I grab his face and give him a peck on the cheek. When I pull away, we're both blushing like mad.

"So I guess I'll see you later?" he says, his voice cracking at the end. It reminds me of Luke.

I eagerly nod and head out the door.

I arrive at work just on time.

"You look happy today," Audrey tells me as I tie my green apron on.

I blush.

"What's going on?" she asks with a smile.

I just blush some more and take my place behind the counter.

It's a quiet morning.

Even the guy with the mustache is not there. He must've stopped coming when I went away on tour.

I get a text from Diamond.

'Liam is an absolute mess.'

I quickly text back

"I'm sorry but I'm over it.'

She replies a minute later.

'It's ok.'

I pocket my phone and see Audrey watching me.

"Who's on your mind today?" she asks causing me to blush again.

"Oh never mind," she sighs. "You'll never tell me. You'll never tell anyone."

In that moment, I was determined to prove her wrong.

I tried but all that came out was a squeak.

Maybe she was right.

I probably wouldn't ever tell her anything.

-

A/N

:(

The new 5sos album is great

Go check out my brand new book, Human! Thanks :D

Thanks for reading!

Please vote and comment, it makes me so happy

After I finish this book, I am proud to say that I will be posting the long awaited sequel to I Think I'm In Love With The Biggest Jerk In The World.

ily all!

-Julia xx