Chapter 35

Amber's POV

Holy shit, Holy shit, Holy shit, Holy shit
No, no, no, no
What am I going to do when we reach the closet?
Will we do anything during the seven minutes we're in there?

My mind was a mess and the thoughts came quicker and quicker as i become closer to the room Jake and I will be in. I didn't want to play this game, Hell- I didn't even want to come to this party. But here I am.

Jake is a pretty chill guy from what I know. He's close to Colby, I usually see them talking in the halls if it's not Sam or myself. I've heard of his reputation, a bit of a player from what I know but those are just rumors.

The door closed and I'm quickly taken out of my thoughts. Before anything is done or said, I speak first. "Listen Jake, I didn't really want to play this game. I was basically dragged here by Abbi but I don't think it'd be wise to do anythi-" I was cut off by what felt like a pair of lips against my own. I pushed myself back only to be pulled closer by Jake. "It's all good babe, it's just a kiss. We're just teenagers, we're reckless. Do you really except to marry Weston?" I sighed before leaning against the bit of wall showing though the clothes. "Can we just..wait the seven minutes?" He groaned in annoyance, "I bet if it was Colby, you'd be all over him." I gave him a questionable look through the dimly lit room. "What-What do you mean by that?" He shrugged and leaned himself against the door. "You two always seem to be around each other. I just kinda assumed honestly, I mean you guys either look at each other with lust or like you want to kill one another. Seems like a love hate type of relationship."

"What relationship? There is not any relationship." He looked up from his short choppy nails. "Sounds like you're trying to convince yourself more than me. I don't care though. You say there's nothing going on and you're happily with Weston, that's how it is." I nodded as silence filled the small room.

(Idk if this part will make since but just keep reading, I'll explain better)

Colby's POV

While waiting the longest seven minutes of my life I got a glimpse of what seemed like Weston. I didn't know he was here. Quietly, I get up and follow him and..a girl?

"Listen, I didn't mean for it to happen this way but Amber is in the closet with Jake Webber right now. Not doing the most innocent things right now." I heard someone whisper. It was Abbi. Amber has told me about them not liking each other but damn, this was straight out evil. "Really? Wow, I didn't think that someone like her would even have the guts to cheat." I keep myself from letting out a chuckle as I think back at everything Amber and I have done. "Well if Amber is cheating, who says I can't?" He said, not so quietly or subtlety,  before kissing Abbi. I heard a door open and a gasp. "What the hell?"

"Amber? I-" That was it. I walked out from where I was and put my arm around Amber's shoulder. "Let's go," She obliged and we were quick to get out of the house to Amber's car.

Amber's POV

Colby closed his car door and looked towards me, "Are you okay?" I nodded "Just confused as all hell." He chuckled and took my hands in his as he began to explain. "Abbi set you up, she had told Weston that you were cheating and took him by the closet so you'd see them kissing." I smiled as I looked up into his eyes. "Why were you there then?" He shrugged his shoulders as he spoke. "I was curious of what he was doing with another girl." My smile grew, he was worried about me. I leaned across the center console without giving it a second thought I smashed my lips to his.

His hand found it's way to my hair as his other found it's way to my thigh. I broke the kiss after what seemed like forever and picked up my phone.

'We're through'

"Damn Amber, over text? That's harsh." Colby said jokingly as he put his arms around my waist, pulling me over to his side. I put my phone to the side and laughed,  "Good, I was hoping it would be. I mean, in all honesty, we weren't a good pair. I can't be mad because, I was basically with you the entire time that Wes and I were together." Wrapping my arms around his neck I got closer to his face, feeling a shaky sigh escape his mouth.

"But I'm glad that we're done, I have more time for you now."

_____________________________