Chapter 17

Amber's POV

I walked up to the Brock's residents and knocked. The door quickly opens and Mrs.Brock smiled at me. "Mr. Brock is already in the car but we are thankful for you to be able to babysit on such short notice!" I nodded in response. "Anytime, good luck with your business trip!" I said in an enthusiastic voice, she smiled once more then left.

"Amber!" Kenzie yelled jumped up to hug me "Hi there!" I exclaimed, trying to sound as giddy as I could. "I've missed you!" She giggled and let go. "Colby's upstairs, where's Brooke?" She asked, obviously anxious to see her. "I'll call her after I go and say hi to Colby, and see if she can come up too." She nodded and skipped away to the basement.

I went up to Colby's room and knocked. "I already told you Kenzie, I'm not sure when Amber is coming Kenzie. Now stop-" He stopped talking as he opened his bedroom door. "Oh, het Am." I glanced down at his bare chest and quickly back at him. "Take a picture, it'll last longer." He chuckled deeply before moving out of the way, letting me through his door into his room.

Jumping on the bed, I sprawled out across his bed. I looked up at him to see he was already looking right down at me. I low-key tried to catch another glance at his toned higure. But with my luck, he caught me and leaned closer to me.

Before I could ask what he was doing, he jumped on me and laughed. "Get off of me, you hog!" I yelled trying to catch my breath. "You always use me as a pillow, now you know what it feels like!" He laughed once again. I squirmed trying to get out from under him. "You suck, Brock." He chuckled, "You swallow." He simply stated. "You wish, now get off!" I said slowly getting louder towards the end.

When he finally got off I got my phone out and texted Brooke to see if she could come over. "So shorty, how have you been?" He laid down on the other side of his bed with his hands behind his head. "Okay I guess," he chuckled and turned his head to look at me. "Nice sweatshirt." He joked, I looked down and blushed. "Looks a lot better than what it did on me, before you took it!" He yelled jokingly, "You gave it to me!" I said in defence, "So you wouldn't get cold, that night, might I mention that night was a week ago."

Scoffing, I turned on my side to see Colby better. "You never specified," we laughed and enjoyed each other's present.

Time passed by so quickly Colby and Amber didn't even notice Brooke standing in the doorway.

"Oh! I have another one!" (A/N I don't like to put "time skips" bc a new paragraph specifies the new time but if any of you were confused, I'm not going to make any more Author notes so if you're going to continue reading Babysitter or any of my other stories then just remember this, and if you skip over this and are confused, sorrrrry😁) Colby said, while a laughing mess. "What type of cheese isn't yours?" I giggled a little, already knowing it was going to be a cheesy joke.

It wasn't until now that I noticed how close we were, and I think Colby did too, as I saw him clear his throat. "So Amber, I had a question-" he stopped himself and looked down at my hand, taking it in his own. Butterflies almost immediately started to flutter all throughout my stomach. "I wanted to know if yo-" He was cut short by someone at the door. "Amber, hey um a little help?" Brooke. Why now? Why at this time? "Go ahead, I'll ask you later." He released the grip on my hand and scooted away, turning on his phone.

"What the hell Brooklyn?" I asked in a hushed voice as we made our way into the now closed door of the guest bedroom. "What was that all about?" She asked with a smirk. "You're kidding right?" I asked pissed off. "What?" She asked as if she hadn't had a clue of what she just did. "You know what, I don't care. I'm going to go in and talk to Colby. Go ahead and watch Kenzie, thanks a lot." I rushed back into Colby's room.

"That was quick." I nodded and sat on his bed. "Nothing important, what did you want to ask?" He opened his mouth and closed it again. Hesitating he finally spoke, "Nothing important." He repeated what I said.

xxx

~Abby😘😘

________________
881 words
________________