Chapter 21

Amber's POV

I met up with Colby on the sidewalk while I was walking to our spot. "So what's been going on in your life?" Colby asked while grasping my hand and swinging our arms like a child. I giggled at his childish actions and shrugged. "I mean as I remember, someone called me boring." I stated from about a month ago when he called me boring. "Why you gotta bring stuff up from the past!" He laughed, still swinging our arms.

"Well Weston asked me to the dance, but other than that I've done nothing but sitting at home, fantasize over Finn Wolfhard in the new season of Stranger Things." I laughed at my own little joke but he stopped and let go of my hand. "Weston?" He questioned. I nod, "Whatever," He mumbled, walking in the other direction. "Colby?" I said more of a question than anything. He kept walking "Colby!" I yelled. "What?" He yelled harshly. I flinched away and looked back up at him, I was at a loss of words.

He huffed, almost like he was in disbelief. "That's what I thought." and he left.

When I got home I ran up the stairs, ignoring my mom's hellos and went straight into my room. I let myself fall on top of my bed and let out a loud and over exaggerated groan into one of my pillows.

What the hell was wrong with him? Not like he liked me, he had tons of chances to ask me to the Snowball. He's just..so..so ridiculous!

I sighed into my pillow once more as my thoughts had taken over my mind. My eyes started to get heavy, Colby being the last thought I remember before falling asleep.

Waking up, it was sunset. Great I slept all day.

As soon as I had woken up my thoughts instantly went back to Colby and our fight only hours ago. Sighing, I got up and messily started to put my hair up into a bun. After I was done, I went down the stairs and swung the front door open. "I'm going on a walk!" I yelled out as I slipped on my shoes. "Okay!" I hear as a response.

Still being frustrated, I decided to try to calm myself down and get my mind off things by going to the hay field Colby had showed me...Go to the place someone that you're trying to forget about showed you, nice move Amber.

As I slammed the door shut, I put my earbuds in and started on my walk.

Looking around the field I smiled, the place Colby took me to the first time I ever snuck out.

"What the hell are you doing here?" A voice interrupted my thoughts. Looking up, I saw Colby sitting on one of the hay bale. My face immediately hardened. "Well I was coming here to collect my thoughts and calm my nerves which I wouldn't have had to do if you didn't lash out on me earlier!" Damn. It felt good to finally get that out of my system. He hopped off and started to storm off for the second time today. I wasn't about to let him walk off from me again.

Without a second to think, my hand quickly wrapped around his wrist. "Why do you care so much anyways!" I yelled. He harshly turned back around, ripping his arm away, making my grip lose his wrist. "You really want to know why?...Fine" He mumbled his last words. He pulled me close to him and kissed me with full force. He put his hand on my cheek. My eyes widened and I froze. Then I made one of the worst mistakes I could have ever made.

I didn't kiss back.

As soon as I gained awareness of what was happening, I was about to kiss back when I felt the warmth of his hand leave the side of my cheek and he pulled away. He turned away from me and left.

I couldn't stop him, I was in shock. Colby Brock just kissed me.

I decided to let him cool off a bit and went back to my own house. I snuck in and sprawled out across my bed.

Gently, I touched my lips. A smile slowly spread across my face.

And I didn't even get to tell him.

I liked him too.

xxx

Ahhhhh is anyone as shook as I am right

Abby😘

________________

903 words

________________