Chapter 6

Amber's POV

I was woken up by someone lightly shaking me and my name being whispered. I squinted my eyes and saw a figure hovering by the bed. "Colby?" I was instantly hushed by him. "What are you doing?" I sat up slightly. "Shh, be quiet." I scrunched up my eyebrows "Why?" He checked his phone. "It's two in the morning, everyone's asleep." I sat up straight. "Yeah so was I, why did you wake me up?" I asked pretty annoyed.

"Just, get dressed. Warm too then come into my room." I gave a questionable look but did what he told me to do after he left the room.

I kept on my old nirvana shirt on and just put a pair of grey sweatpants with my hair in a messy bun.

I then walked in on Colby halfway through putting on a plain black tee shirt on. He looked at me and laughed a little. "No, I meant wear something decent." I over dramatically gasped "What's wrong with this?" I joked. "You look like you just got out of bed." We laughed. "Oh yeah that's right, I kind of did." He pushed me out his door and told me to put something on that people could actually see me in.

I walk back into my room and put on a blink 182 shirt on with a pair of blue skinny jeans on.

I walked back in and Colby's eyes widened. "Never seen Ms. Perfect dress like this!" He said sounding genuinely excited. I giggled and shrugged a little. "It's not very school appropriate I guess." I looked up at him and looked at his appearance as well. He was wearing a black tee with a gray jacket, black skinny jeans and converse to top it off. "Now, why did you make me get up and ready by two in the morning?" He smiled and opened his window, "I want to take you somewhere." I bit my bottom lips as he held out his hand for me to grab on to.

"Come on Amber, live a little. Let me show you what the world can be." I looked down at his hand and back into his eyes.

I took his hand and smiled. "Let's go," His smile spread across his face from ear to ear.

He held onto the tree outside his house then hopped down. It's not a big jump or anything, I'm just a huge wimp. I look down at Colby with a nervous look on my face. "Come on! If anything happens I'll catch you!" He yelled now that he was outside. I nodded and grabbed onto the branch.

When I jumped down I felt a pair of strong arms wrap around my waist. I turned around in his arms and looked up at him. "I told you that I'd catch you." He said while releasing me from his grip.

"What if Kenzie or Brooke needs me Colby." I asked worried. "Text Brooke that you'll be out for the rest of the night." I looked back at him. "The rest of the night?" I repeat, he just nodded. I tilted my head and raised an eyebrow. "Do you trust me?" It was like he was hypnotising me just by making eye contact. "W-What?" He took my hands in his. "Do you trust me, Amber?" I slowly nodded my head. "Yes," He squeezed my hands before letting go. "Then follow me,"

"Where are you taking me?" I asked out of curiosity. "I'm about to change your life," He smiled as he led the way. "Then by all means lead the way." I stated sarcastically then laughed.

He took me on a path in the woods. "So you aren't planning on killing me or anything right?" I asked in a humorous voice. He looked back at me and playfully rolled his eyes. "Be patient, you haven't shut up since we got out of the house." He said laughing, I playfully bumped into him and he did it back.

Finally he said we were there. "Where exactly is there?" I over exaggerate the 'there'. He pointed up to a huge rock. "Come on, this can be our spot. You know? Just for us." he beckoned me towards where he was going. A place just for us..that sounds nice.