Chapter 25

Amber's POV

Walking into school, I felt many eyes on me. Did I have something on my face? Are they shocked that the "smart" girl is stepping out of her spot? Who knows. Shaking it off, I continued down the school hallway towards my locker. As I was putting in my combination I heard a squeal. Immediately knowing it was Brooke, I turn around with a huge smile growing upon my face. "You look so good! I didn't know if you were going to go through with our whole plan but..but you look so good!" Nodding, I turn back around to hurry and get my things needed for my first few classes. "You're going to have Colby wrapped around your finger more than he already is." She joked. Quickly, I shove the rest of my unneeded books into my locker before slamming it shut. "Speaking of, where is Colby? Have you seen him any today?" As if timing couldn't be any better, my eyes lock with the one and only Colby Brock. "Well speak of the devil." I heard the mumbled voice of Brooke. As quickly as I could, I break contact. "There's your answer," She jokes once more before the bell rings. This may not be as easy as I thought. Brooke and I split off into separate ways as we go to our first period.

Sitting down in my normal seating, Weston and his friends made their way towards me to sit around me. Weston was sat atop my desk, one of his friends, Leo, was leaning against the desk parallel to my own, Donnie sitting in the desk in front of the one that Leo was situated on, and lastly Donnie's girlfriend Veronica- who sat in the empty desk beside of me. She smiled and I was quick to return one as the tarty bell began to ring. She had started up a conversation as we waited for the history teacher. Being so caught up in our little conversation I hadn't even realized the teacher had made his way into the room, along with Colby who I know realized was staring at me quite a bit throughout the short amount of time we had to talk until the teacher had finally started class.

As the bell rung for my third period and kids all around me made their way to their next classes, I took my time to pack up.

Walking down the hall, I felt someone pull at my wrist as I was yanked into a small closet. The janitor's closet. A light flickered on and I finally saw the face that had just pulled me into the tiny space. Colby. "What the hell do you think you are doing?" His grip had tightened on my wrist as I winced at the sudden pain. Before I could think anything of it, I bit back. "What are you talking about?" I said in a just as harsh voice as him. "What is this?" He asked gesturing to my outfit and hair. Raising my eyebrows, I answer sarcastically "Clothing?" He took our already pressed together bodies and made them closer. "You know exactly what I mean, Amber" A small smirk was plastered on my face as I pretended to think for a moment. "No, I really don't, Colby" I said attempting my best at mimicking him. "You're the one that told me in the first place to start dressing the ways I wanted to. I'm not trying to do anything but listen to your advice." His face got closer to mine, as I felt the hot breath of his on my face. I refused to make eye contact with him, I know that if I do, I'd melt right then and there.

"What the hell are you doing to me." I heard him say under his breath. Looking up at him I open my mouth to speak once more. "I think that's a question for you to-" Before I could finish, I was cut off with a pair of warm soft lips on mine. As he pulled away just as quick as the last time, I finished my sentence that he cut me off from saying, "answer..". Before he could leave just as he did last time I pulled him back to my own lips, letting them linger for a couple seconds longer. By now his grip on my wrist had loosened and we just stared into each other's eyes, at a loss of words. "I-" before I could get another word out, he opened the door and left.

Colby Brock, you are going to be the end of me. I swear.

As the final bell had rung and I walked out of the school, I saw Colby with his friend Sam. He is nice from what I know, but I honestly never really had many encounters with him. I didn't know rather to be fuming or happy. On one hand, this whole thing had been to get his attention and for him to get really jealous but I also didn't think that out of all the things to happen in this scenario it would be that. I started on my way to my car as I had gotten a call.

"Hello?"
"Yes?"
"That'd be perfect!"
"Yep, I'm free all weekend!"
"No, thank you Mrs. Brock"
"Okay, I can't wait to see Kenzie! Bye"

I smiled to myself. Looks like I'm going back over to the Brock residents at the end of the week.

Perfect.

970 Words

________________