Chapter 7

Colby's POV

While I was walking I felt Amber's arms and legs loosen and her head fall on my shoulders. She wasn't that heavy so I think I could bare through and take her back, or at least until she wakes up.

I decided it'd be easier to go through the front door because she was still asleep. We could have when we were leaving but I wanted to see how far I could go. When I opened the door I heard a noise. I was about to say something when I realised it was Brooklyn snoring. Try my best not to laugh, I snuck through the living room and went up the stairs. I opened the door to the guest bedroom and tried to find a way to put Amber down on the bed without her waking up.

I tried everything, she wouldn't let go. I sat on the bed and unwrapped her legs and arms finally and I slowly laid her head on the pillow. As I was about to stand up, I felt two arms wrap around my waist. I froze, what the hell do I do? Do I wake her up? I don't want to and embarrass her, should I scoot her over and lay down with her? Shit, I don't know what to do.

After freaking out for a couple more minutes I just decided to wait it out sitting there at the tip of the bed. I took out my phone just to waste time.

At about six-thirty she finally turned and released her death grip on me. I quickly stood up and moved away from the bed.

Amber's POV

It was hilarious seeing Colby flip out about me grabbing onto his waist. It was hard for me not to laugh. I was peeking out of my eyes to see his facial expression changed multiple times. I wonder what he was thinking about?

Finally he just took his phone out and was scrolling through Instagram. I was going to pretend to wake up but I saw him get on Snapchat and raise the camera so he got me in it. He made a peace sign with his fingers and smiled.

He took the picture and put a caption that I couldn't make out. I swear if he posts that he's dead. I saw him save it and tap the small arrow in the bottom right corner and tap on his story. I'll have to add him and see what he said first, then I'll kill him.

Deciding that was enough I turned over and pretended to sleep then when he's about to walk out of the door I'd "wake up". As soon as I let go he bolted up from his spot and started to walk towards the door, that was my cue.

I yawned and stretched then sat up. "Colby?" I ask while sitting up. He turned around and smiled. "Well good morning sleepyhead," I pull my phone out of my pocket. "Well I wouldn't be sleepy if it wasn't for someone waking me up at two in the morning, now would I?" I said with sarcasm strong in my voice. "Aw come on, you loved it." He stated laughing.

I looked at the time on my phone and then back at Colby, "Go so I can change then I'll make breakfast." He shook his head. "You need to sleep, I'll eat cereal or something." I got up and went to where my clothes were. "I'm not tired, now get out." He smirked and leaned against the door frame. "Only if you wear what you want to wear."

Looking through my clothes I gave him a look that he said something wrong. "I don't have all of my clothes here Colby." He groaned, "Fine," and with that he left to go downstairs.

I put on a pair of tight yoga pants and thought of what shirt to wear. Maybe Colby will have something I could wear, I don't think he'd mind honestly.

Sneaking into Colby's room I found a sweatshirt and decided to put that on. I went back into the guest room and took out my straightener, I looked in the mirror, straightened my hair and did my makeup.

It was only a light amount though, mascara and a little highlighter on my nose and brow bone. I would've put blush on but Colby can put one on me anyways. I giggle at the thought and walk down the stairs.

As soon as I did Brooke started questioning me. "That isn't your sweatshirt, is it Amber?"
"Who's sweatshirt are you wearing?"
"Do you have a boyfriend and aren't telling me?" And so on

I glanced at Colby and he was just smiling. I smiled back and heard Brooke gasp loudly. "Are you and Colby dating?" She screamed out. "Can I not just wear a sweatshirt Brooke?" I asked kind of getting annoyed. She gasped again. "You avoided the question, you are!" She squealed. "No!" Colby exclaimed. "We aren't dating Brooklyn, okay?" He asked as nicely as possible. She nodded and went to get the milk.

As I was on my tiptoes reaching up to get the fruity pebbles out of the cabinet, Colby came up behind and pressed me against the counter. My breathe hitched, he reached up above me and got the cereal I was trying to get.

Turning around, I looked up into his gorgeous blue eyes. "Nice sweatshirt," He joked, I nervously laughed and moved out from under him.

I poured my cereal, my face burning. "Um Amber?" Colby said getting my attention "I think you put on a little too much blush." He started laughing and I hid my face. "Aww, are you embarrassed?" He teased while tickling me. I tried to hold in a laugh that just made it worse. I pushed him away and put the milk on my cereal.

"Can I eat my cereal in peace please?" He just laughed and gave me a my silverware. I thanked him and sat by Kenzie. "Did you sleep good Kenzie?" I asked shoving a spoonful of fruity pebbles in my mouth. She said yes and continued to eat.

"Okay Brooke, thanks for the help! See you tomorrow." She waved before shutting the door. I went to go play with Kenzie when I heard the door open again. I was greeted by Mrs. and Mr. Brock.

"Mommy!" I heard Kenzie scream and her feet stomping towards them. "Colby, your parents are home!" I yelled up the stairs to him. "Thank you so much for watching her, did Colby give you any problems?" I shook my head. "I thought you meant like an eleven year old but I still didn't have any problems. I actually helped him study for our first big test in math so be expected a good grade!" I exclaimed happily.

"Oh wow, you're a miracle worker I swear!" I heard Colby come up behind me, I moved out of the way so he could see his parents but he turned right back to me. "Thanks, for everything Amber. See you at school." He said. I was about to ask why he thanked me but I was cut off by him engulfing me in a hug.

I hug him back for a split second before he parts. I bend down and hug Kenzie. "Do you have to leave?" She asked sadly, I giggled "Well I can't stay here forever Kenzie!" I joke and she laughs too. "So here's the money, thank you once again." I nodded with a smile. "Anytime, I hope you had a nice time at Virginia!" I went to gather my things.

As I was packing up, I overheard Kenzie and Colby talking, "I really like her, I hope she can be our babysitter some other time." Then I heard Colby chuckle. "I really like her too." He states. I smile and walk down the stairs. "It was nice being here, I hope I can come again! Bye Kenzie!" I was about to walk out the door when I heard Colby yell, "So what? I'm not going to get a goodbye?" I laugh and turn around.

"It was nice spending time with you and I'll see you at school, bye Colby." I said trying to sound unamused. I heard him get up from the couch and over to me. I felt those known pair of arms wrap around my torso. "I think you can do better," he whispered in my ear. I felt goosebumps spread across my skin and I turned around as he released his arms. I got closer to his face, I saw him glance at my lips. "Well I don't, bye." I said opening the door and walking out.

I heard him mutter something but didn't hear what he said. "What was that, couldn't hear you?" I asked cupping my hand to my ear, just to be a smart ass. "Whatever!" He yelled laughing before closing his front door.

xxx