Chapter 27

I walked into my house and Christmas music is playing...it's April...and I'm Jewish...I'm confused

I'm confused

Colby's POV

I don't want her to win this. But it's so hard to just ignore her. I know that kissing her wasn't the best thing to do at the time but why him? Weston. Out of everyone she could have pick, she picked him. The obnoxiously popular dude. He's not a good influence, not trustful. At all. I don't want her getting hurt. But I can promise one thing, if he hurts her- I won't hesitate to hurt him just as bad, if not worse.

Amber's POV

After Colby's and my laughing fit we continued on with everything, ate, and he went back into his room. I just want him to talk to me. I miss him so much. I just know one thing, I'm not losing this..whatever "this" is. I'm definitely not giving into him.

Amber's POV

Amber's POV

Around eleven-thirtyish, Kenzie had gone to sleep about an hour and a half ago, Brooke went back to her parent's house for the night since she didn't bring any clothes, and I was tired and just ready to sleep. I started on my way to the bathroom to brush my teeth when a door swung open and hit my head. Colby. "Oh Amber! Are you okay? Did I hit you?" He bombarded me with worried questions. "No the door hit me by itself." I stated clearly annoyed by his actions. "Uh, just g-go lay down and I'll bring you an ice pack really quick." He said in a hushed voice. I'd roll my eyes but I have a headache and I doubt that would help. Standing up, I make my way to the closest bed there was. Not caring who's it was.

"Okay I got yo- Amber?" I heard Colby from the hallway, probably looking in the guest room that I would usually stay in. He started towards his room seeing me under his dark colored covers. He sighed while sitting on the side of the bed. "I got you an ice pack and Ben and Jerry's." I slowly sat up with a confused look on my face. "Uh, it's cookies and cream. I remember how much you liked it last time we hung out." He was stumbling over his words. It was cute. I slowly take the ice pack from his hand letting it linger for a moment, same with the ice cream. "Spoon," I mumbled out. "What?" Annoyed and in pain I repeat myself "I need a spoon," I said more clearly. "Oh right. Okay. I'll be back." I groaned and wrapped my hand around his arm. My drowsiness had taken over me and I couldn't help what happened past that point.

Colby's POV

"Don't leave me." Would it be bad to? I mean she's obviously tired as all hell and bumping her head did not really help that situation. "Um okay?" What is this girl doing to me? I hate it. This feeling. It sucks. A lot. I don't know what it is and she just won't get out of my mind. She's just overtaken the majority of my thoughts and won't leave, no matter how hard I try to get her to leave. She's always there. I don't get flustered..usually. But Amber is a different story. She listens to me. My worries, my rants, when I'm sad, and everything else. Even if it's the most random and stupid thing she'd be there for me.

Carefully, I situate myself by her while facing away from her. I may like her and want to just scoop her up and make her mine but I do have self respect. Kind of. At least with her. Okay not really but in this situation I do. I can't just take advantage of her tired and weak self.

While in thought I felt small arms wrapping around my stomach and move up to my chest. "Come here," I felt her hot breath against my ear. Goosebumps showed on my arms as the hairs on the back of my neck sprout up. Cautiously, I turn and wrap my arms around her lower waist. "I missed this, I missed you," was the last thing I heard before her whole body went limp and she fell asleep. "I missed you too Amber." I whisper, knowing she can't hear me

__________
An update? Who is she?

Abby 🌻
__________
742 words
__________