Chapter 29

Amber's POV

Amber's POV

I've never made pancakes from scratch, but how hard can it really be?

Colby had told me where everything was and after getting it all set out I started reading the directions on the flower box for pancakes. First thing first, get a bowl. Looking around I couldn't find any. "Colby!" I loudly announced, careful not to wake up Kenzie. "Yeah?" He asked while walking down the stairs. "I need help finding a bowl," as he walked to one of the drawers I continued "and you may just want to stay, I don't know if I'll be able to do this on my own." I jokingly state. He chuckled a bit before moving to one of the seats be the counter. "Okay..flour" I softly spoke to myself as I grabbed the flower and poured it in a measuring cup. "

"Um Colby?" he looked up from his phone giving me a confused look, "Help." I finished, shaking his head while smiling he got up walking towards me. He came up behind me and looked over my shoulder to see the instructions. "What do you need help with?" Turning around I see we are only a few inches away from one another, if even. "I- uh, just- everything." I manage to stutter out before turning back around to the pancake batter I was attempting to make and completely fail at in the process. I felt too awkward in silence so I got my phone and turned my music on shuffle.

After mutiple
"Are you sure you're right?"
"That's too much!"
"I'm not too sure about this..."

We finally took a break. "I never thought making pancakes from scratch would be so difficult. We've wasted so much by burning them, it's not even funny at this point." While speaking, 'Somewhere Only We Know' came on my phone. I've always have a soft spot for the song, or at least since Colby and I have been friends, it reminds me of him in a lot of ways.

Before I knew it I was being pulled to my feet again. "May I have this dance?" Colby asked in a funny voice. "You're ridiculous Colby Brock." I say as I feel his arms slither around my waist, making my legs feel like jello. He had always had this effect on me and I hate it. He's always just been able to read my mind and body so well since the day I started to become closer with him. Wrapping my arms around his neck I look up to him, keeping eye contact the entire dance. He began to spin me and when I came back we were closer than before. I glanced down at his lips as he did the same with mine. Before I knew what was happening we both had started to lean in. "Amber? What are you doing?" I heard a younger voice behind the both of us. I leap backwards, quickly thinking of an excuse, "I had something in my eye, your brother was just trying to see what it was. Breakfast will be done soon don't worry, I've already started on it. We're having pancakes!" I said in a excited tone. She just nodded and skipped into the living room by the kitchen, turning on the Television and watching Nick Jr. I sighed in relief before looking back at Colby. "Sorry I shouldn't have-" He cut me off, "No no it's okay. Don't sweat it." and that was all he said before walking off. Back upstairs. Back into his room. Leaving me, butterflies fluttering in my stomach and legs of jello.

I swear you are going to be the death of me Colby Brock.

——————————————

——————————————

Amber's POV

I had been in the guest room for about an hour now, Brooke downstairs keeping Kenzie occupied and Colby doing who-knows-what in his room. At least he was until I heard a knock at the door to the room I had been sleeping and staying in for the weekend and every other weekend I've been here. Yelling a come in, I glanced up to meet Colby's blue eyes before quickly breaking eye contact to look back down at my phone. "Thanks for helping me with breakfast today, we may have made a mess but it definitely took my mind of off the problem at hand." I deicided to speak up before he could even open his mouth. "Like what?" He questioned, knowing damn well what I was talking about. "Don't act like this innocent and sweet guy. We both know what I'm talking about and I don't appreciate the fact that you even have the nerve to push and ask me what. What? What the hell do you mean 'What', don't act like you haven't been going around kissing me, leaving, then acting like everything is okay. Because you know what Colby, not everything is okay. Hell nothing is okay! You-You've just been playing mind trick after mind trick and I just can't handle it anymore. My grades are slipping, my thoughts have been all clogged up, and I can't get that night or when we where in the janitor's closet out of my head!"

I stared at his face, he was really close to me and the moment had seemed perfect, being this close to him, I couldn't help but notice for the first time just how muscular his shoulders really were, and how lush his lips looked. I let my gaze slip lower, to the rest of his body I had seen a thousand times before, but it had seemed so different today. "Can I do something?" I finally spoke up after my long rant. I grabbed him by the cheeks as I spoke. He slowly nodded, licking his lips, his expression was intense but before I could think any further, he yanked me to him and covered my mouth with his in a hungry kiss. I responded immediately, surprising myself. His mouth was so warm, the caress of his lips softer than I could have ever imagined. He tasted tentatively with his tongue.

"Don't you feel better with me than you have ever felt with Weston?" Colby mumbled against my lips. Both our chest were rising and falling significantly quicker than before. My whole body felt clammy to the touch. When I was with Weston, this didn't happen to me. When I kissed Colby it was like the lust in my stomach was being fed fuel, I felt as if I was a completely different person when with him. I had to think honestly about this question. Maybe this would help me to think honestly, maybe this would help me to decide who I actually wanted because I knew I couldn't have both Colby and Weston- not for much longer.

"Yes." I let out a breath that I hadn't realized I had been holding in the first place. "Just get rid of him, Amber." He whispered desperately as he pushed his lips back to mine once more. This kiss became more passionate as we became more desperate for one another's touch.

Gosh what have I gotten myself into

1558 words

____________________