Chapter 18

Amber's POV

"Amber, can you sing me a lullaby before I go to sleep?" I turned from the door and smiled. "Sure," Walking up to her twin sized bed I crouched down on my knees to be level with her. "What do you want me to sing?" She just shrugged. I started to hum-

Colby's POV

I was about to walk into Amber's current room when I heard a soft voice in Kenzie's room.
"I wanna linger, hmm, a little longer, hmm, a little longer here with you." I smiled as I snuck up to the cracked door, hearing Amber continue. "It's such a perfect night, hmm, it doesn't seem quite right, hmm, that this should by my last with you." Leaning against the door frame, the door creaked open and made a loud noise. I cringed at the sound but the two girls didn't seem to notice.

"And come September, hmm, I will remember, hmm, our scouting days of friendship true." Smiling wider I kept listening. "And as the years go by, hmm, I'll think of you and sigh, hmm, this is goodnight and not goodbye." She repeated the last verse softer and then stood up to leave the room.

Quickly, I moved out of the way and down the hallway, playing it off like I wasn't just listening to her. "Hey," she came up behind me and wrapped her arms around my forearms. "Are we going to the spot tonight?" She asked while giggling. "Someone's happy to see me," she laughed, "Whatever loser, this is the last day until the weekend is over and I have to go back to my house. I'm trying to make it last." I chuckled while taking her hands, that were still placed around my arms, and twirled her around. I spun her into my chest and looked down at her, smirking.

She pushed my chest, pushing herself away while doing so. "You're such a dork." I joked, walking down the hall to my room. "I'll get a sweatshirt on, go ahead and get ready and we'll go."

xxx

The next chapter will be a filler chapter as well bc Chapter 20 is going to be long

Hope you enjoyed ❤️❤️

Abby😘

________________
370 words
________________