Chapter 3

Amber's POV

Oh my god oh my god, I can't believe I just did that. What the hell came over me? I need to stop cursing and need to study.

I scurried into my current room and shut the door. As soon as I sat down I saw the time. It was around nine-thirty, "Kenzie, time for bed!" I said raising my voice a little. I heard her run up the stairs "Okay, goodnight Amber!" She said back as she went to her room and shut her door.

I stood up and was putting on my pyjamas, as soon as I took my shirt off there was a knock on my door.

"One moment," I said as the door knob started to turn. "Wai-" but I was too late when Colby opened the door fully and exposing me in my bra and a pair of shorts. "Ah god, look away you perv!" I glanced back and saw him smirking while looking the other way when I was putting my gray spaghetti strap tank top on.

I swear if he smirks one more time his lips are going to fall off.

"What the hell do you not understand by one moment?" My face was burning and I could tell I was blushing. Damnit Amber, no guys until your done with college. Work first. Not like I actually like Brock anyways.

"Well you didn't understand when I said no to letting you in my room, did you? Anyways I'm going out and I'll be back whenever." I grabbed his wrist before he walked out. "Nope, you're grounded."

"Oh come on Shields! Why are you so stuck up?" I was a little taken back by that but I didn't want to show him that it phased me. "You are grounded and not allowed to get out of the house, I'm not getting a bad reputation or even worse fired because of you." I said sternly. "You can't tell me what to do, hell, I'm older than you."

"And your parents are older than you and they did tell you what to do." I said like the smart ass I am. "I don't care if they're older than me." He said in defence "So why does it matter how old I am." I said in an innocent voice while I raised one eyebrow. He sighed. "Why do you have to be such a stick in the mud, no wonder you don't have any friends." I let go of his wrist and felt my eyes turn glossy. No, I will not cry. Mostly not in front of Colby Brock. "W-What," his hard expression changed.

I didn't want to cry in front of him, it'd make me look weaker than I already probably do. "You know what, nevermind. Just go away, and I will be coming in to check if you snuck out your window later." He looked up at me with those ocean eyes. "I didn't mean anything by it, I just-" then, I snapped "Just what Colby? Didn't mean to tell me I don't have any friends, don't you think I know that? So what I've never had a boyfriend or my first kiss or whatever but at least I'm going to have a life after school, unlike people like you. So just get out of this room, if you sneak out then I'll tell your parents and you'll most likely get in even more trouble than you already are in. You..you are just a mythic bitch!"

His eyes widened, "Okay, I deserve that I guess." With that he left. I may have been a little hard on him. Who cares though, he has no emotion. Just looking for the next victim to bang, that's most likely the only thing that even goes on in his idiotic mind. I need to stop thinking about it, I just need to study for now.

It was around eleven and I decided to check up on Colby before I went to sleep.

I tiptoed to his door and cracked it open to find Colby shirtless in his bed on his phone. My face started to get red. "Sorry, just checking to make sure you didn't leave." I turned to leave but then slowly turned back around and slipped through the door into the room. "You aren't supposed to have your phone." He put his phone down and stood up and I don't ever think like this but damn..

"Listen Amber, I need my phone please don't say anything." I raised an eyebrow. "and I need sleep." I barked "Please, come on," He plead while walking closer to me. I backed up to the door. "Um, I guess you could but if you sneak out then it's gone." He could tell I was flustered and I hated it.

"But I really need to get to Sam's, it's important." He said so close we were almost touching. I looked up at him and sighed. "No, you are still grounded so don't push your luck." He lost his sweet and hopeful smile and started to walk back to his bed. "Fine mom," he said clearly annoyed. "Goodnight son," I responded in the same tone.

As I was closing the door I heard him mumble a whatever. I walk to the guest room happy with myself and laid on the bed.

While I was about to go to sleep my phone ringed. I picked it up and looked at the contact name. "Why the hell are you calling at this time Brooke?" Was the first thing that came out of my mouth when I answered the phone. "Well hello to you too, gorgeous" her peachy voice blasted through my phone. "What do you want, and why are you so energetic?" I ask in a hushed voice. "I'll be able to come over and help out tomorrow!" I sigh in relief "Thank the lord. Now, go to sleep because you'll need it." Was the last thing I said before hanging up my phone.

xxx

Sooo I hope you're enjoying the story so far, tell me if you like it and what you think should happen next!!

__________
1029 words
__________