Chapter 5

Amber's POV

I look up and give him a questionable look as he's walking away. He has a tendency to talk under his breath acting like no one else can hear him.

I watched as he walked into his room and shut the door without even looking behind him. Did I say something? Probably not, he's just being a jerk like usual.

He said that he wasn't going to study and I usually wouldn't care about anyone else's grades except mine but I've tutored once or twice throughout highschool.

I gathered my math books and papers and walked towards his door. I knocked and waited for him to open it because I didn't have an extra hand to use. "Come in,"

"Open the door please, my hands are full." I heard him get up from his bed and the door open. He looked at what I had in my hands and about shut the door before I shoved it back open.

"What do you want?" I sat down on his bed and put the books by my side. "I'm going to help you study." He groaned "Come on Colby," I whined. "It could be fun?" He sat by me and looked at me, then the books, back to me. "Really?" I smiled and shoved a book in his hand. "Really." He sighed and opened it to a random page.

"Blah blah blah, math stuff, blah blah. Am I done yet?" He asked sarcastically. I crossed my arms across my chest. "I'm serious, this is our first big test of the year. Will you at least try? I'll help you but you have to work with me." He opened the book to the page that I had bookmarked. "Okay so we're starting here." I scooted closer and pointed to the chapter he needed to study.

He scooted even closer to me and put the book on both of our legs, with our sides touching.

After about an hour we were pretty much almost done. "So the X in the equation would equal-" "198.71," he finished, I looked up from the book to him and he looked down at me. We stared at eachother for a couple seconds until I broke it by looking back down. "Um yeah, so that means that 198.71 divided by the first problem is your answer. Good-good job Colby," I stuttered. He put his hand under my chin to make me look up into his eyes and he smiled. I felt a small blush creep up on my cheeks.

"Thanks for the help, Amber." I smiled as a piece of my hair fell in my face. He pulled it behind my ear and kept staring into my eyes, without moving his hand from the side of my face. "It was nothing really, if you ever need help with something like this again I don't mind showing you." We heard the front door open and Brooke yell for me. "That's my cue, but keep up the good work. You could do good in school if you actually wanted to and tried, you know." It makes me kind of sad that today is the last full day I'll be with them and when we go back to school he'll probably just ignore me like usual.

I frown at the thought but it's quickly turned upside down by looking up at Colby again. Before I could say something or get up the door knob turned. We both jumped to opposite sides of the bed and looked at who was at the door. "Sorry I was helping him with studying." Brooke looked over at Colby then back at me and nodded. "Okay well I'm going to make Peanut butter and jelly sandwiches for everyone, do you guys want anything else?" We both said no and she shuts the door.

We both looked at eachother for a brief moment before bursting out laughing. "Okay well I'm going to go make sure she doesn't burn your house down." I got up and went to the door. "How, she's making sandwiches?" He asked still laughing. "Trust me, she'll find a way." I giggled and shut the door to check up on Brooke and Kenzie.

"Hey Kenzie! How was the park?" She smiled and hugged me. "It was fun, I saw my friends and they met Brooke. She's a really cool friend!" I smiled and looked at Brooke. "Aw, yeah I guess Brooke is a cool friend to have."

"Okay Kenzie, time for bed!" She ran up the stairs and gave Brooke and I a hug. "Goodnight Brooke, goodnight Amber." We said our good nights to her and then went to put on our pyjamas, and I made sure to lock the door this time.

I was wearing an old nirvana shirt that was faded and a pair of comfy shorts. "Okay well, I'm going to go ahead and study a little more before we sleep." She nodded "I'll take the couch downstairs." She announces a little louder than she should have since Kenzie had just went to sleep. "Okay, goodnight and thanks for the help today." She nodded and turned to look at me. "Well sorry you had to spend the day with Colby, it must have been annoying." I shook my head "No, no, no, it was actually really nice. I completely misjudged him. I mean sure he can definitely be a jerk but he showed a side of him that he's never showed before, with that whole 'bad boy' reputation I thought he'd be a lot different." I air quoted and smiled a little.

"Aww, does someone finally have a crush?" She teased. "No, after this weekend he'll probably ignore me, and if not I still put school first and guys second." She sighed in relief "Thank the lord," she laughed and I went straight faced. "Wait, Brooke.." she stopped laughing and looked at me. "Why would it matter if I did like him anyways?" She laughed again. "Sweetheart, he's an stupid dude looking for a fuck buddy. Plus, if he wasn't then I don't think you'd be his type." I look down and say in an almost inaudible voice. "Okay, goodnight Brooke." With that she left and I laid on my current bed.

Why would I care what she says about Colby? Why do I care about Colby? I'm not falling for him, at least I don't think I am. I've definitely never felt this way about someone but maybe it's just like a friendly acquaintance.

The one thing I can't get over though, are those eyes staring right back into mine. It makes me get chills down my spine just thinking about it. The colour of his eyes are just mesmerising. I fell asleep to the thought of Colby's piercing blue eyes.

xxx