Chapter 13

Amber's POV

I sat on my bed and was on my phone watching Netflix when my phone went off. It was like twelve in the morning, who would be texting me already..or at all.

Colby😚: Hey bb 😏
Amber😛: What do you want, and the kissing emoji? Really Colby 😂😂
Colby😚: Well you won't give me in real life so this is the closest thing I get 😂

My face reddened.

Amber😛: Whatever loser, I'm going to sleep goodnight 😴
Colby😚: Night bbyg 😘

I rolled my eyes and turned around and played the show again.

After about two more shows I heard my door open. I quickly paused it and fake slept. I heard a deep chuckle and my bed lower a small bit. "'Going to sleep' my ass." He whispered close to my face, his hot breathes into my ear sending a shiver down my spine. "What are you doing here Colby? It's already one in the morning!" I whisper-yelled. "What are you doing still awake, you lied to me!" He said in the same tone to me. "I asked first," I stated drowsily, he laughed and rubbed my side. "Go to sleep, we're goin-" is all I heard before falling asleep.

Colby's POV

I looked down and saw that her breathing steadied out. Smiling, I quietly got up and took the notebook on her desk.

Amber's POV

Waking up, the sun shined in my eyes from my window. Wait..what happened last night. Did Colby drug me? I wouldn't be surprised. I looked around my room and didn't see him. I yawned and stretched out before getting up and going to my desk. What? I'm a teachers pet.

When I sat down I saw huge writing on the front page.

'Get ready and meet me at the park at 1
-Colby ❤️'

I smiled at the poorly drawn heart..he tried.
I looked at the time on my phone and saw it was already 12:34. I gasped and ran to my closet to pick out an outfit.

I'll be with Colby so I should wear something I normally don't..not because of him but, I feel more comfortable around him.

After doing all my hygienic things, I went into my closet and picked out my maroon adidas crop-top sweatshirt and a pair of ripped skinny jeans. I straightened my wavy hair and put on light makeup, then glanced down at my phone to check the time. It was 12:56 and it took me like five or six minutes to get there if I ran.

I sighed and started my way.

When I got there I saw Colby with his back to me on the swing. I decided to sneak up on him, I mean he's done it so much to me so it's just for payback. I tiptoed my way and loosely wrapped my arms around his neck. I felt him smile as he got up and out of my grip. Then he did the unexpected. He hugged me.

"I didn't think that you'd show up." He sighed in relief. I giggled and tried pulling out of his grip, just to get pulled back and tighter. "Can't." I paused for dramatic effect "Breath." He laughed and left his hands loosely land on my hips. I blushed and looked down. "So what did you want?" I asked breaking the comfortable silence.

"Let go get some smoothies!" I gave him a questionable look but he just kept one hand on my side and let the other fall to his side as he started to walk.

This boy makes my mind go a million hours per hour, I swear.

We made it to Shadey's Smoothie Shack and made our way in. I ordered the blueberry smoothie and Colby just got a small fry. "Shit," I mumble feeling my pockets. "It's okay, I'll pay." I had a worried expression, feeling bad. "Don't worry! You can just buy next time on our little smoothie dat-" The worker cut him off. Was he about to say date? I shook the thought out and got my drink.

When I got my smoothie I sat down a crossed from Colby. "So for the project in Mr. Thomas's class I'm thinking about-" I stop and glance up at Colby. "Are you even listening?" He looked at my lips as I spoke. "Um..yeah, school stuff, whatever." I rolled my eyes. "So I've been thinking a lot lately.." he paused taking a breath. "I was wondering if you would um," I gave a confused look seeing him glance at my lips once more.

"Maybe I can just show you.." he mumbled and leaned forward. I didn't know what to do, my mind was like a tornado of thoughts per second. I sort of leaned towards him but before he could get any closer he took a huge swig of my blueberry smoothie.

I gasped dramatically and stepped on his foot. "Screw off!" He threw his hands back in laughter. "You're terrible.." Crossing my arms and looking down at my feet embarrassed. I felt his oh so familiar touch under my chin making me make eye contact with him. "Hey..." he said softly, I didn't reply. Just glaring. "You wish I would've kissed you!" He had a burst of laughter once again.

It was around 10 and he had took me to our spot. "So you took my advice finally?" He asked smirking. I tilted my head and raised an eyebrow. "You're wearing what you want, 'cause I know Little Ms. Perfect would never wear that without someone saying something." I blushed and looked down at my feet that were scraping against the grass and leaves. "I just thought I'd try something new." I lied, he smiled and put his arm around my shoulder. "Well I think it's really working out." He whispered devilishly close to my ear. I nodded, not being able to say anything afterwards.

When we got to the rock I hopped up, it was getting easier the more I did it. I felt Colby's eyes on me the entire time, it made me pretty uncomfortable if I'm being honest..

He climbed up and smiled widely at me. "So are you going to start wearing stuff like this?" I shrugged "I mean I don't look that good, plus no one would expect me to wea-" "Fuck what people think." I was a little taken back. "It's your life, you have to live your life as if it's your last day everyday. Don't let fear decide your fate, because if you do then you'll be stuck doing something you hate for the rest of your life. Do you think I'd be at this rock today if it wasn't for me denying fear. Dream as if you'll live forever but live as if you'll die tomorrow." I smiled and scooted closer to him and put my head on his stomach as he laid down with his hands behind his back.

"I guess I'm wearing something like this tomorrow.." I said softly.

xxx