Chapter 12

Amber's POV

Today was finally the weekend and I had to babysit for the Miller's. As I was walking out of my house I felt arms wrap around my waist. My first instinct was to elbow the person and run.

As I hit the strong figure I heard him groan. "Ow!" He yelled over exaggerating. I turned and saw Colby. "Oh my gosh, Colby?" He rubbed the side of his stomach, where I hit him, and shook his head. "Who else would do that?" He asked sounding annoyed. "A rapist, a creep, a hobo, anyone!" He laughed and started walking by my side.

"So where are we going today?" Colby asked. I gave him a questionable look. "I have to babysit for the Miller's today." I stated, he shrugged. "Can't be that hard, let's get going!" He shouted enthusiastically while getting in the passenger set. I laughed and got in the driver's seat.

"You can't come with me." He looked over and gasped. "And why can't I?" He smarted. "Because, I didn't ask Mr. Miller for permission. Plus you'd get bored out of your mind and have no way to leave." He leaned back and put his arms above his head. "I'm not going anywhere sweetheart!" He chuckled and relaxed in the car seat.

I gave up and started on my way to the household I and apparently Colby was babysitting. When I got there Mrs. and Mr. Miller rushed out. "They're all yours!" She said out of breath. "Is it okay if Col-" she cut me over. "Whatever you want, just take care of little monsters." I shrugged and walked in with Colby.

"Who are you?" Killian, the son, asked poking Colby in the leg. "This is Colby, Killian! He's here to help me take care of you and your sister!" I said in an excited tone. He smiled, "Are you two dating?" He asked another question in his babyish voice.

Colby glanced at me then back at Killian and smiled, bending down he put his hand on his back. He whispered something in his ear and Killian smiled as well. "What?" I question Colby stands up and Killian just giggles. I knew I'd regret letting him come...

"Amber!" Kendall yelled running towards me. "Hi sweetheart!" She ran up to me and I picked her up hugging her. "I have a friend here, he's name is Colby and he's going to be helping me take care of you and your brother today. Okay?" She nodded and pointed towards the room Colby and Killian were in. "This way!!!" She yelled then clapped her hands as I carried her into the living room.

"He's pretty," she whispered into my ear. I smiled and nodded, "Very." I simply said while putting her down.

She ran to her brother and they started watch The Doodle Bops that Colby had previously put on for Killian. Colby came up behind me and whispered into my ear, "So you think I'm cute." I felt his hot breathe on my ear making goosebumps go all down my arms. I turned around and he was so close that we were touching. He looked down at my lips and I took a glance at his as well.

He smirked and pulled away. "Who wants to play a game?" He asked as enthusiastic as before in the car. They kids yelled a yay in response so he sat down, crisscrossing his legs, in front of them.

"Oo! Let's play that one game where you act stuff out!" Kendall suggested. I laughed "Charades?" She smiled, "Or we can do that." Colby laughed and looked at me. "Okay you go first," I blushed and got a free app on my phone so it would be easier than having to think of something.

Looking down at the thing I had to act out I laughed. It was a dog. (A/N Idk where I'm going with this) I got on my knees and stuck my tongue out. Colby looked like he was trying not to laugh, then looked down at his phone.

Colby🙄: A slut? 😂😂

I saw light up on my screen. I gasped and he burst out laughing. "Colby!" The kids looked confused. "Wat?" They asked, I shook my head and looked at them. "Keep guessing," I glance and saw Colby about to text something else. "Not you Colby." He groaned and put his phone away. "A dog!" Kendall yelled. I stood up and picked her up. "Good job Kendall!" She giggled as I put her down.

"Thank you so much, you're honestly a miracle worker." I laughed and flashed her a smile. "I hear that a lot. But it was nothing, they were really good." "Well thanks again, see you next time!" She waved me off.

As I turned around to walk away I felt Colby's arms wrap around me. He stood there for a second then let go, taking my phone out of my back pocket too. "Colby with the eye rolling emoji?" He questioned, "I mean it describes you perfectly!" He rolled his eyes "See!" He laughed and put his arm around my shoulder pulling me to him and kept walking.

When he walked me to my house I turned around and he was inches away from me, just like when we went out to our spot.

I blushed and looked down. "Bye Colby," I closed the door but about a minute later I heard a knock on the door. "Forgetting something?" He spoke as I opened the door. "Hey!" I said reaching for my phone. He put it above his head where I couldn't reach it.

I stepped on my tiptoes and reached for it. I finally got it and looked at Colby, we were eye to eye. I licked my lips and kept staring into those ocean blue eyes. Damn..you could drown in those things, and I just starting to swimming.

I went onto my flat feet and turned around, "thanks!" I quickly said before rushing inside and shutting the door.