Chapter 8

Amber's POV

I was woken up by my phone alarm going off so I could get ready for school.

Going into my closet, I looked at everything that I had. I debated hard on if I should listen to Colby's advice and dress how I want and not just what I'm obligated to wear.

Colby..I wonder if he'll actually talk to me, was that just for the weekend? Will he talk to me today? I had a sea of questions that was flooding my brain.

Finally, I just put on my regular flowery white blouse with tights and a pair of light grey converse. Maybe I'll switch it up some other time but I don't even know if Colby's going to talk to me or act like nothing happened.

Not like I should care though, he may have taken me out and I may have done risky things that night but I'm still not letting anything get in the way of my education. I do need to loosen up but loosening up didn't win the science fair, did it?

Honestly I will admit that I had probably the best time of my life with him there but I'll have better times after getting my own house with my husband and kids, if I even want kids. I've dealt with them throughout highschool and I still am so I may not even want them but point is, I'll have better times out of highschool anywho.

I went into the restroom to brush my teeth and hair. I decided on curling my ombré hair and put on a little mascara, a light goldish type of eyeshadow, a bit of blush, and highlighter on the brow bones.

After I was all done I got my small book bag and went to my car.

Parking the car in the highschool parking lot I got out and walked into the school. As soon as I got in, I went to my locker and put the books I don't need for first, second, and third away. I was hoping to see Colby but never did.

Oh well, I have second and third period with him anyways. At least I think I do. I never really pay attention to who's in the classes, I just listen to the teachers and take notes. But I'm pretty sure I've heard Colby getting lectured a few times for not turning in his homework. It could've been someone else though, who knows.

It was finally second period and..no Colby. The period went pretty fast. I payed attention and took notes like usual.

Okay I may have gotten a little off track and thought of Colby but..yeah I don't have an excuse for that. I really wish I did but I'd just be lying to myself.

Third rolled around and there he was, Colby was sitting in the third row of seats. I waved, but he didn't even glance at me. I awkwardly walk to my seat in the fifth row of desks and look at him. I saw, what I can only assume is, his friend. I'm almost sure that his name is Sam Golbach? Something like that at least.

Then, I saw Abbie walk in and sit in the desk by him. She scooted it over more towards him and held his hand, oh.

Didn't think he had a girlfriend...

Logically, I guess he would since he's sort of popular. I just thought he was different, but here he is. Dating the girl that not only acknowledged me but hated me. I haven't the littlest clue why but she's always just been jealous of me.

There's nothing to be jealous of but she is. If she just studied a little then she'd be in the same range as me.

Just..they don't act the slightest bit alike, not to mention the looks.

Abbie has always worn pink. When I say always, I. Mean. Always.

She could literally be on of the background girls from clueless! That's not even a joke. She's a barbie doll, she's beautiful though.

But Colby on the other hand, he dressed..well he dress the complete opposite.

I guess it was just a weekend thing then. I mean..what did I expect. No one wants to be friends with the girl that is apparently 'Ms.Perfect'. I told him everything though, I thought I could trust him.

You can't trust anyone these days, I guess I just wanted to believe that someone was good for once. I don't care, I knew it wouldn't last.

That period just seemed to drag on and on and I just stopped paying attention. Rare, I know but I already know everything there is to know about this subject anyways.

He didn't look at me once. Did I do something wrong? I don't know, I shouldn't care but I do and I hate myself for it.

Class was finally dismissed and it was time for lunch. I quickly made my way through and out of the room. Not even wanting to look back at Colby again. I make my way to my locker and put my books away. As I'm about to shut it, it was shut for me and I saw Colby's strong figure in front of me. Leaning against the locker beside me he smiled.

"Don't see that band tee on," I gave him a questionable look before speaking. "So now you're going to talk to me now that your friends aren't around to judge you?" I asked in defence. His eyebrows scrunched up. "I'm sorry?" He questioned back. I let out a sarcastic laugh in disbelief before pushing through him and trying to leave.

He grabbed my wrist and pulled me back into his chest. "Now Amber, don't do that." He whispered trying to get me to stay. I tensed up and he thought he had me. That was before I made the remark, "Already did," I struggled to get out of his grip then walked away.

xxx