Chapter 15

Amber's POV

I look at my ringing phone and groan. Who would be calling me at..

I looked at my alarm clock.

Ten in the morning! I'm late for school, shit!

I quickly answered the phone.

"Oh hello Amber, I didn't think you'd answer! I thought about leaving a voicemail so I didn't forget to call you after school. Is everything okay, are you sick?"

Mrs. Brock.

"Yes ma'am! I just didn't hear my alarm go off, you woke me up but it's okay because I needed to be woken up. Is there anything you need?" She laughed and spoke again. "I was hoping you could babysit today through Sunday again? If it's too much for you then don't worry, we can find somebody else." Mrs.Brock started to ramble, "No no no, it's completely fine! I love Kenzie and Colby isn't that hard to deal with so I can come whenever you need me to." She hummed, sounding satisfied with my answered. "Okay dear I'll let you go and get ready for school then, bye!" I said my goodbyes and hung up.

Thinking about having to get up made my head hurt. I mean I already have enough credits to go to college. One day of missing won't hurt anything.

Laying back down I heard my phone go off again.

Colby😚:
Why u not @ school?

I cringed at his grammar and replied,

Amber😛:
Why aren't you paying attention in class?

He responded quickly,

Colby😚:
Bc I wanted to see why you weren't here

Rolling my eyes I texted back,

Amber😛:
I slept in late, but I'll see you later on today

He didn't reply after that so I'm assuming he got caught. I went to my closet and picked out my clothes for the next couple days that I'll be staying there again. I never actually asked Colby why he can't just watch over Kenzie, he's older than me.

Well..I mean he does sneak out so I guess if he was to take care of her then he'd probably leave around midnight and then if she needed anything or if anyone was to show up then he wouldn't be there. Yeah...I understand now.

It was about one when I heard my phone go off again. I paused my movie and looked at the notification.

Colby😚:
Sorry about that, wydm (A/N What Do You Mean..some people I know don't know what that means :P) you'll see me later today?? It's Friday

Amber😛:
I'm babysitting again 🙌🏻

Colby😚:
Niiice see you there shorty

I rolled my eyes and put my phone down.

xxx