Chapter 1

"Yes ma'am, I will be there right after school. Have a good vacation, I hope that you and Mr. Brock have a wonderful time." I exclaimed "Thank you Amber, you are a life saver honestly. We'll be back by Sunday evening at the latest." I smiled "No worries Mrs. Brock, take as long as you need. I know kids can be a handful sometimes." I replied laughing. "Well our son definitely is," she paused "he's grounded at the moment so make sure that he doesn't sneak out. Okay I have to go but thank you so much once again, text me if you have any problems or questions. Bye Amber." She said as she hung up.

I put my bag over my shoulder and sighed, looks like my weekend's full now.

Colby's POV

"But mom, can't I just take care of Kenzie?" I asked annoyed "Not after sneaking out last week!" I rolled my eyes "But why get a babysitter if you have me. You won't have to pay, right?" I said trying my best to convince her "Too bad Colby," I groaned loudly

"But I'm a senior! I don't need someone that's most likely younger than me to watch me for the weekend, mom please." She glared at me "Colby," she raised her voice "stop asking." She stated sternly.

I rolled my eyes again and started to walk away. "Bitch," I mumbled to where only I could hear.

I hopped on my bed and took my phone out from under my pillow that my parents didn't know I had. I started texting Sam until it was around seven, school wouldn't start for another hour.

"Colby!" I heard my sister Kenzie yell. I rolled my eyes and kept scrolling through Instagram. "Colby!" I heard my sister repeat. It wasn't long until I heard the door knob being turned.

I hurried to shove my phone back under my pillow and looked up. "Ever heard of knocking?" I yelled already pissed off from my previous conversation with my mom. "Mommy said to come down stairs and eat something." She huffed and crossed her arms. "Tell her I'm not hungry and I'm going to get ready for school now." She nodded with a smile and skipped down the stairs. "Brat," I whispered

I got up and put a plain maroon shirt on with a pair of black skinny jeans. I went into my bathroom, brushed my teeth and tamed my hair.

I looked at the time and I had about five minutes left. I hurried to get my converse on in the process of getting my phone to put it in my pocket along with my headphones then ran down the stairs.

I got a breakfast bar then went out to get on the bus.

Looking out the window of the bus I put my headphones in and listened to my music for until I got to school.

I felt a dip in the bus seat so I pulled a headphone out and turned my head to see who it was. I saw the one and only teacher suck up, Amber Shields. I rolled my eyes and was about to speak when she did first.

"I'm sorry, there wasn't any other places to sit." She froze as I rolled my eyes again "You know, you're going to get a headache as bad as you are if you keep rolling your eyes." She scoffed. "Whatever Shields," putting my headphone back in I turned around and looked out the window again.

When we got to school and the bus stopped I felt Amber leave immediately. Wow, for someone that doesn't do sports she sure does have a speed to her.

I slowly got up and pushed my way through the line to get out of that bus. Being grounded also consists of not being able to drive so I have to take the dreaded bus ride to school for now.

I wonder why Shields road the bus, she usually drives too. She's too much of a good girl to get grounded. Who knows, who cares, I mean her only friend is that Brooke girl. I don't know why she even tolerates her.

I can't wait for this day to be over, correction, I can't wait for this weekend to be over. I can already tell I'll hate having some babysitter. I most likely won't even know her. I guess that's better than a student seeing and thinking I can't take care of myself or be responsible enough to take care of a fifth grader.

xxx