Chapter 34

Refresher since it has been so long-

Amber and Brooke went to a party and saw Abbi (someone Amber doesn't like and likewise for Abbi) and now we're here

Amber's POV

Ever since the party started up, everything has been fine. Abbi has yet to cause anything and we've been pretty nice to each other actually. I still don't trust her, she's never this kind for no reason. She has to be pulling something or wanting something. Either way, I need to stay cautious and aware of my surroundings. It's been about an hour into the party and it's getting quite repetitive. Someone asks me if I want a drink, I turn it down, a guy comes up to me, tries to get into my pants, I turn them down. I lost Brooke halfway though and have just been sitting around ever since. And now I'm here, walking up the stairs to go to an empty room to get some alone time. "Amber! Hey, you should come with me. We're playing a game in the other room!" Abbi said, coming out of nowhere, completely startling me. She grabbed my arm and pulled me forward towards a room.

Colby's POV

I've been talking to a girl for the past few minutes, not a very productive conversation at that, when I saw what looked like- "Amber?" The girl gave a questionable look my way, "What'd you say?" I rolled my eyes, "I've um, got to go." She held onto my bicep to stop me. "I didn't even catch your name." Huffing out in annoyance I replied, "I didn't throw it." Before walking upstairs to the direction I saw Amber go with Abbi...Abbi? That's odd, I didn't think that Amber and Abbi even liked each other in the first place and now they're hanging out at a party? I quickly shook the thought out of my head before continuing my way towards, where I believed, was the room they walked into.

"Colby! My man, I didn't know you were here. Why don't you sit down and play with us? It was just Amber's turn." Looking at Amber, she wouldn't dare even look in my direction. After hesitating, I answered. "Oh, why the hell not. Jake, scoot over." Amber let out a long sigh as she reached over and began to spin the bottle that sat in the middle of the group of people. Others may not have been able to tell but by Amber's facial expression, I could tell that she didn't want to be here.

Oh please lord let it land on me. I'd rather it not be one of the drunken assholes sitting around me.

Amber's POV

I closed my eyes in hope that it would land on anyone but Colby. Spending seven minutes in a closet with the guy I'm trying to avoid does not sound like my ideal night. I knew the bottle had stopped when I heard people in the group gasp and 'ooo' as I opened my eyes. My head began rising from the bottle to see who it had landed on. I made eye contact with the person it landed on.

Jake Webber.

---------------------------

599 words

---------------------------