Chapter 11

Amber's POV

"Crap.." I muttered as I sat up. I woke up with a splitting headache and a stomach cramps.

"Amber, come down for breakfast!" I heard my mom yell. I groaned and slowly made my way down the stairs, each step making it feel even worse. When I sat down at the table I put my head down and closed my eyes. "Aww sweetie, what's wrong?" My mom asked rushing to my side. "I just have a migraine." I mumbled. She sat me up and put her hand on my head. "Sweetheart you're burning up!" She said worried. "Go back up to bed, you're staying home today."

I laid in my bed with the comforter over my head. I heard my phone go off again and decided to check it.

Colby🙄: Hey, why aren't you at school??

Amber😛: I'm sick 😷
Read ✔️ 9:47am

I put my phone down and rolled over on my stomach. I put my face flat in my pillow and groaned loudly.

I heard my door open and someone quietly walked in. "What're you doing mom?" I sighed and stayed face first into the pillow. I heard a plastic bag and a dip in my bed. "Mom, I don't want you to get sick." I said, the pillow muffling the sound. "Well I'd really rather be called Daddy but okay." I heard a deep voice joke instead of my mom's. "How are you feeling." I heard him ask softly, it was Colby.

"Like a pig that just got butchered." He chuckled. "So you feel dead?" I just noddmy head and turned towards him. He gave me a bright smile that I returned with a weak one. I saw something I haven't really saw in his eyes before, sympathy.

I glanced at the Walmart bag he had by him then back up at him. "Why aren't you at school?" He took the bag and pulled out chocolate and like six movies. "You said you were sick, didn't you?"

"Yeah but I didn't expect you to come over, how did you even get in?" He put the chocolate on my nightstand and scooted closer. "Your mom let me in," I raised my eyebrow. "Maybe the sickness is getting to here head." I said in a humorous voice.

"So I got the whole Star Wars series and a bunch of chocolate, hopefully it can help." I blushed and sat up.

I probably looked terrible. I was wearing pyjama shorts and a tank top without any makeup.

During the first movie Colby got situated beside me, leaning his head against the headboard. "This bed is comfy," he laughs and pays attention to the movie again.

We were about thirty minutes into the second movie when my eyes started to get heavy. I tried my best to stay awake but before I knew it, I was sound asleep.

Colby's POV

I glanced over at Amber to see that she had dozed off while watching the movie. I'm so glad she didn't ask about the whole Abbie thing, I didn't even know how to answer it so I just distracted her from the question. I felt bad but I think I made it up to her with the Dove, Reeses, and Hershey's. I paused the movie and laid back as well.

I turned on my side and admired how Amber looked. Last night was so calming and relaxing and I really needed it. We went at around like ten-forty, stayed until about two in the morning and now it's eleven, so I wouldn't doubt that she'd be tired.

Thinking about it for a second I closed my eyes and tried sleeping too. I really hope this doesn't get me sick, and if so then she better do the same things that I did to her for me.

I fell asleep to the thought of Amber.

Amber's POV

Waking up I felt a weight on my waist. I looked down and found Colby's arm wrapped around me and I heard his steady breath indicating he was asleep

I had no clue what to do. He had quite a grip on me and I couldn't
wiggle out. Guess I'm stuck until he wakes up.

Or..I could just wake him up. But I don't want things to be awkward, maybe I shouldn't let him know that he cuddled with me in his sleep. I'll wait it out.

About an hour later he finally started to stir in his sleep, I pretended to still be asleep to he wouldn't know I knew about it.

What? I was trying to avoid an awkward conversation.

I was waiting for him to release and get out of my bed but he just tightened his grip and nuzzled his face into my hair. I could feel my face heat up.

He let go and I acted like I was just getting up. "Hey," he said in a raspy voice. "Hi?" I question, trying to act confused. "You fell asleep for a while, I took a little cat nap." Yeah right, you slept longer than I did. I nodded anyways and sat up. "Did I miss Darth Vader coming out?" I joked and he shook his head no.

"Okay well, I guess I should get going. I hope I helped you a little bit." I laughed "Yeah because chocolate makes everything better." I stated sarcastically, "It does!" He exclaimed, I laughed again and sat up.

He got off my bed and took the bag getting out a can of whipped cream and shook it. "I didn't know you had whipped cream!" I yelled with my sore throat. He opened it and put some in his mouth then stuck his tongue out. "Too bad, you could've had some if you didn't fall asleep. I was planning on binge watching Star Wars but I guess we will later. See you later Am." I smiled and said goodbye.

Maybe he isn't that bad after all.

xxx

Hope you liked this chapter