Chapter 4

Amber's POV

It was around nine while I was making pancakes when I heard a knock at the door.

I opened it and saw my best friend standing there with a huge suitcase. I put my head on my hands.

"You are staying one night. What is this?" She smiled and walked by me into the house. "Well you said that the son was most likely a trouble maker so I decided to bring some things to play with him. How old is his? Like ten or eleven?" I went back to take the pancakes off of the stove. "The son is Colby Brock, Brooke." She started to laugh, I gave her a look to show her I wasn't joking.

"Oh," she paused "you're actually telling the truth? Seriously, I got all this stuff for nothing?" She groaned. I nodded but smiled at the thought of Kenzie. "But they do have a daughter who is honestly an angel in disguise." She smiled as well. "Really? What's her name?" She asked happier that there was a good part. "Her name is Kenzie and she should be coming downstairs soon. I'm going to go wake up Colby." She shot my a look to make sure I'd be okay with it and I just nodded and went up the stairs.

I opened the door and saw that he was still sleeping. "Colby," I said from the door.

...Nothing

"Colby!" I said louder.

Still nothing.

I went over to the side of his bed and poked his side. "Hey, wake up!" He moved slightly. I shook him and yelled his name. "Do you yell my name like that in your dreams?" What the only thing I heard him say. My face dropped and I felt my face heat up once again.

"What do you want, Shields?" His morning voice was scratchy. "Breakfast is ready so get up." He groaned loudly. "Come on, I'll pull you out of this bed if I have to. I made pancakes," I see a smile appear on his lips and I thought I won him over with the pancakes. Until he said "I'd like to see you try." Now something about me is that I don't take challenges very well, and I. Always. Win.

I threw the blankets off of him exposing his bare chest and his black sweat pants. His sweat pants were low..exposing his V line..

No, I can't be thinking of him in this way. I can't be thinking of anyone in that way. God what's wrong with me lately? Blushing every time he says something, thinking about stuff like this. I've been all over the place for the past couple days.

I was so deep in thought I didn't even realise that I was staring. "See something you like?" He asked trying not to laugh. "Screw off." That was the best I could come up with? I'm usually so much better with comebacks.

He relaxed and put his arms behind his head. "I'm waiting." He said was a cocky smile. I wish I could tear that smile right off his face.

Before he could say anything else I took his ankle and pulled, successfully pulling him out of his bed. His smile disappeared and was replaced by a surprised look on his face. "Be downstairs in five." I said acting as cocky as he does.

As soon as I shut his door I lost it. I don't know if I should be proud of myself or what. At least he knows to get up, if not I'll do the same thing tomorrow morning and he'll bust his butt on the floor again.

I heard the stairs creek and saw Colby slowly making his way down the stairs.

"Well good morning sleepyhead, did you sleep good?" He shot daggers in my direction through his messy bed head. "Is someone mad because I pulled them out of bed before two in the afternoon?" I asked with my bottom lip out to mock him.

"Screw off," he said in a joking manner. He smiled until he locked eyes with Brooke. "What is she doing in my house?" I shoved a plate with two pancakes on it in his hands. "Helping me deal with you, now there's more food over there like bacon and toast. The syrup is on the table along with the butter." If he's going to be rude and smart mouth me then I'll do the same to him.