Chapter 22

Amber's POV

All weekend. All weekend I've been thinking about Colby and that kiss. I've only ever had one other kiss, and it was in kindergarten when we were playing tag, I had ran into another kid and our faces collided. Everytime I think about the kiss my palms get sweaty and my cheeks go as red as could be.

It's Monday now and I'm scared shitless to see Colby. Will he just ignore me? Should I confront him? All these questions going through my head, I hardly heard my mom yell for me to come down for breakfast.

Quickly, I put on a pair of random ripped jeans and a plain white tee tucked in. I let my hair down and quickly put on a minimal amount of makeup. Hearing my mom yell for me again I ran down the stairs and made my way to the kitchen. "Well it took you long enough." I quietly scoff in response, I love my mom but it feels as if every little thing is getting on my nerves lately.

She slammed her hand on the counter, resulting in a small noise. Jumping slightly at her actions, I turned to her with wide eyes. "Okay listen hear Amber, I don't know what has gotten into you but you're going to change it. Got it? I do so much for you and when I joke around with you, you better not just scoff and brush it off. I expect so much from you, high expectations, so don't be messing up stuff now. You're a senior so start acting like it, you're acting childish and I won't take it." I lightly sighed, scared to piss her off even more.

"Wow, doesn't sound like your mom at all." Was all Brooke said as I finished my story about the scene that had taken place not even an hour ago. "I know, that's why I was so confused. She's never acted out like that before, and because of a scoff, a scoff!" As I rant to Brooke who doesn't seem very interested in the conversation in the first place. I was looking down when I bumped into a strong figure.

I was about to say sorry until I looked up and saw who it was. "Watch where you're going." He harshly spat, I was already fuming and he could tell, so he kept pushing. "What? Little miss perfect can't handle someone telling her to do something instead of her pushing orders onto everyone else." I clinched my fists. "Fuck you." Brooke stopped picking at her nails and glanced in between Colby and I. She's never heard me curse like that before. Not like I have said it very often but he had finally broke me. "What do you want Colby? You already pulled me through your game and you won. You broke me, are you happy? Huh?" Colby seemed taken back. "That's what I thought." I coldly stated as I walked by him, purposely running my shoulder into his.

"What the hell was that Amber?" Brooke asked in a hushed voice. "It's a long story, not that you'd care." She stopped me and pulled me to the side of the hall so we wouldn't be in the way. "Well whatever it was, whatever went off in you, it was different. I liked it," She paused, a wide grin spreading across her face. "What's that smile about?" I asked while her contagious grin made myself smile.

"Now I know you won't like the idea, since you're not about breaking rules or wearing different clothing around people but from what I can see, Colby likes you." She paused thinking for a second. "But, I think you need to show him what he's missing?" She approached the idea more like a question, thinking I would say no. And I would have (IkIkIk And at the beginning of a sentence. Drives me insane.) if it wasn't for him, Colby. His words echoed in the back of my mind. "Live a little, Shields!" I smiled wider and nodd.

"I'll do it,"

Brooke squealed and jumped up and down. "I can't wait! Come over to my house after school and we can work on your outfits, hair, and makeup for the next couple weeks!" The bell rung, cutting her off. "See you soon, kisses!" She made a blowing kiss gesture and ran to class.

You know what Brooke, I can't wait either.

xxx