Chapter 10

Amber's POV

My phone went off again, Colby has sent me seven messages in the majority of fifteen minutes and it was getting annoying.

I turned off my notifications and picked up my history book. Not only was he bugging me while I was studying but he was bothering me while I was studying my favourite part of history, the revolutionary war. (A/N I had to add it in there somewhere 😂 if you know what I'm talking about then..idk I'll get back to the story now)

It was about ten-thirty and I was getting tired, I marked the page I was on and went to my closet to change into some comfortable clothes.

I put on a navy blue spaghetti strap tank top and a lacy pair of shorts. I got snuggled up in my blanket and closed my eyes.

It wasn't a minute later when I heard something hit against my window. I thought it was probably a moth or something and tried closing my eyes again. I kept hearing the noise and decided to go and try to shoo whatever it was away.

When I looked over I saw a small pebble hit my window. I scrunched up my eyebrows and opened my window.

"Thank god, I thought you'd never hear me." I heard a deep voice groan. I looked down, it was Colby. "What the hell are you doing here?" I snapped already annoyed.

He put out his arms. "Jump." He stated. I laughed "You're joking?" But he just stood there. "Come on, I'll catch you." I shook my head in disbelief. "You're insane!" I laughed at the thought of him trying to catch me from my window.

"It's not that far down Amber, it's literally like a couple feet." He laughed too thinking I was laughing with him instead of at him. I looked down at the small distance from my window to Colby, definitely more than a couple but it still wasn't that far down.

Huffing, I went to my closet. "What are you doing?" I heard Colby yell, "I'm getting dressed." I sighed in defeat. I really need to learn how to say no, mostly to him. I've let him get away with so much.

I changed into a pretty short pair of black shorts with my KnJ shirt on. (A/N if you know who they are then you should read my upcoming fanfic with Jc ;) ) I looked down at him and laughed once more. "You better catch me!" I yelled putting my legs out the window, sitting on the edge ready to jump. "I will, I will!" He exclaimed. I hesitantly pushed the rest of the way off and landed into Colby's arms. Just like last time, I landed feet first with Colby's hands on my waist so I didn't fall because let's admit it..I'm one of the most clumsiest people ever and without him I'd lose my balance and fall flat on my face.

After I looked into his eyes something in me clicked and I came to the realization that I was trying to ignore him and give him the silent treatment. I know what you're thinking too, Amber you guys weren't together or anything why are you so mad?, and to be honest I don't know why. I guess he just led me on, but I don't know why I'd ever think something like that. He probably takes everyone to 'our spot' if I should even call it that.

My facial expression dropped and I moved out of his grip and turned so I was facing him. "I really shouldn't be here Colby, sorry." I say before turning back around about to go back inside my house. Before I could I felt a strong grip on my wrist. I winced at the pain and he quickly let go and wrapped his arms around my torso pulling me closer to him. I didn't know what to do, not like I really had a choice, Colby was stronger than me. By a lot too.
We were a pretty far distance from my house when he put his hand fully on my ass. I jumped away from him and gave him a look. "What the hell Colby?" I yelled. He put his hands up in defence, "You were the one who decided to put those shorts on, it's like you were asking for me to touch yo-" I cut him off "Well I didn't." I said walking faster. I could tell from where we were the we're going to the rock.

I felt Colby's eyes on me, I look behind my shoulder to see him not looking at me but at my ass...again. I huffed and slapped his arm. "Stop, it's annoying." He shrugged. "I'm a guy, and you're annoying because you're teasing me!" He said really defensive. Was he trying to make me look like the bad one here? If so, I was not having it.

We got to the rock and I climbed up before Colby could even get near me. What the hell is his deal anyways?

I heard Colby grunt as he pulled himself up. He smirked at me and I rolled my eyes. "Why did you bring me here?" I was annoyed and wanted to get this over with. "What's wrong with you later?" He questioned sounding completely serious.

What?

"What's wrong with me?" I started knowing that I was going to end up going on a rant. "What the hell is the matter with you? First you sit next to Abbie and completely ignore me, then you don't let me get into my car making me have to study less and later than usual, not to mention you touched and looked at my ass god knows how many times just durning that one walk, then you have the nerve to bring me out all this way to ask what's wrong with me?" When I finished I was catching my breath and was red in the face.

He smirked, I swear I could slap that smirk right off his face right now I was pissed. "You're jealous." He stated. I scrunched my eyebrows together and looked at him in disbelief. "Are you kidding me?" I asked making sure he heard the kidding part. He scooted closer and put his hand on my lower back. I scoffed and pushed his hand away, losing my balance and about falling of the rock. I felt Colby's arms quickly wrap around me. But instead of letting go he pulled me into his lap, laughing at my sorry attempt of escaping his death grip.

I felt his breath on my ear and stiffened up. "No need to be jealous Am," he paused "if anything she should be jealous of you. We have a special spot and all." I laughed coldy. "I'm sure that this spot is so special huh? I bet you take everyone here don't you." His eyes soften, I looked down trying not to look into his eyes because I know if I did I'd definitely give in.

"Hey," I didn't reply. I felt his fingers lift my chin to look into his eyes. "Don't hide that gorgeous face." He said softly. He glanced at my lips. I felt butterflies in my stomach.

Before he went any further I cut in "Okay well, sorry? I guess..I don't know what to say in this situation." I ended with an awkward laugh. He playfully rolled his eyes with a smile.

He walked me back to my house and I put the hand on the doorknob but didn't twist. I turned around and looked at Colby, who was only a couple inches away from me. I leaned on the door and began to speak, "You know," I paused thinking where I was going with this. "You never told me why you ignored me and was talking to Abbie and everything."

He came closer.

Looking up at his tall figure I nervously licked my lips. "It's late, I'll see you soon. Then I'll tell you. Okay?" He questioned, pressing his body on mine. I nodded not even really paying attention to what he was saying. I was too distracted with him being so close to me. He smiled brightly and turned away. "Night Amber!" He yelled.

Closing the door quietly I started to think.

That bitch tricked me.

xxx