Chapter 26

I READ THE SIXTH CHAPTER OVER AGAIN AND GOTS THAT INSPIRATION FAM! (I have picture day tomorrow and it's currently 2:23am ((I just finished and now it's 3:22))  ;;;) )
_________________

I READ THE SIXTH CHAPTER OVER AGAIN AND GOTS THAT INSPIRATION FAM! (I have picture day tomorrow and it's currently 2:23am ((I just finished and now it's 3:22))  ;;;) )_________________

_________________

Amber's POV

Today's the day I go over to babysit Kenzie and the day I talk to Colby for the first time since the incident in the closet at school, even though there wasn't much conversation happening

So many questions going on in my head
Am I going to be the first to speak?
Do I speak at all?
Why did the author leave you at such a terrible cliffhanger then leave for about a month?
Do I attempt to impress him?
I have no clue.

I guess I'll just have to play it by ear from now.
Getting to the Brock residence, I saw Mr. and Mrs. Brock beginning to leave. Mrs. Brock pulled over and rolled down the window. "I assume you're knowing what you're doing?" I nodded and flashed her a smile. "Okay, take care of Kenzie! Colby's in his room like usual. Be careful, he's in one of his moods." With that they left.

"Guess who~" I announced as I entered the house in a singing tone. "Amber! Yay, I missed you so much." Giggling she wrapped her small arms around my legs is an attempt to hug me. "So. What do you want to do first?" It's not like I can just go up to see Colby and I should at least enjoy myself while I'm here. "Brooke said next time you guys come up she'd give me a makeover! Plus Colby's been mad all week, you usually make him happy" My grin slowly began to fade as she paused. "You should help him!" I squat down to her eye level and lightly put my hands on her shoulders. "I want to spend the day with you though! Don't you want me to, too?" Kenzie burst into a fit of giggles. "What's so funny?" She tried her best to stifle her laugh "You said 'too too'." She giggled more before hearing a deep voice erupt from the upstairs. "Can you just shut up Kenzie? My gosh, so annoying." She quickly quieted down and frowned looking down.

"Guess who made it?" I heard a voice similar to how I sounded when first entering the Brock's house. "Brookie!" Kenzie quickly hopped off the couch we had been sitting on while watching TV. "Who's ready for makeup!" She sang out again. "For a second I thought you'd died, you're an hour and a half late." I jokingly stated before seeing her roll her eyes. "Whatever, go ahead and call Colby down. I brought food with me." Slowly nodding I started up the stairs. I have yet to talk to Colby. I only heard him once and it was when he had gotten onto Kenzie about being too loud. Making it to his room, the door's closed. "Hey Colby, food is ready." No reply "Colby?" Putting my ear up to the door I hear soft snores. Just my luck.

Cautiously opening the creaky door I make my way over to Colby's bed. "Food's done, go ahead and get you some." He doesn't even budge. Crouching down and shaking his shoulder I try once again. "Colby, get up." He grumbles and pulls the blanket over his head. "I said, get up!" I attempted to yank his covers off of him while he was pulling them the opposite way, causing me to tumble over right onto his bed while straddling him. My face flushed as he sat up, making our faces not even two inches apart. Slowly inching towards him while glancing down towards his lips, him doing the same, I turned to the side of his face before making contact with his lips and made it to his ear. "Lunch is ready, put on a shirt and get some before it's cold." I whisper softly in his ear.

Quickly getting off, I flash him a million dollar smile before turning off and heading back downstairs.

If he's going to do me wrong, why can't I?

_________________

_________________

Hearing footsteps from the staircase I smile to myself. "And he finally rolls in." Turning around, I face him with an annoyed look on his face. He's fairly close to me..He reached around me for his food as I tried to move out of the way, making matters ten times worse that before. Both of us attempting to get out of the mess we had just gotten ourselves tangled up in, i tried going left, he tried going left. We exchanged sorry's and tried again, both going right. Before we could go any farther I stopped him by putting my hand on his chest. "Okay, I'm going left. You go right." We carefully stepped away from each other. I started to think of the ridiculous position we were both in and started to laugh, I guess he did as well because he started snickering. In the amount of two minutes we were at a full blown laughter together.

This is the Colby I missed.

_________________
Is anyone still reading this? No? Okay.

Abby🌻
—————
860 words
—————