Date Night Gone Right

Chapter 37

~Emma's POV~

"Good luck, Ari!" I waved. She smiled back and ran backstage since she only had 20 minutes until she had to go on. Her and Justin are performing one of Justin's new songs "Overboard." He usually sings it with Jessica Jarrell but I guess hes changing it up a little for this concert.

After Ariana left to go get ready, I found Pattie who was waiting for me so we could go find our seats.

"Ready?" She smiled. I smiled back and nodded and we followed Kenny who was showing us to our seats. We had to kinda squish in between fans who wouldn't let us past them to our seats in the first row but eventually we got there.

I hummed along to Justin who was singing "That Should Be Me" as Pattie and I found our seats. I held up my poster I brought with me that said "Forever and always your biggest fan <3" and waved it around to catch his attention. Once he saw me and the poster, he smiled and winked at me. 

"That should be me, 

Holdin' you hand,

That should be me, 

Makin' you laugh,

This is so sad, 

That should be me..." He sang. This has always been one of my favorite songs by him. Just him and his lyrics can make me fall in love with him over and over again.

Once he was done with the song, everyone in the whole arena clapped and cheered, including me, as loud as we possibly could. 

"Thanks for coming out tonight guys!" He exclaimed into the microphone. You could tell he was really tired cause of how heavy he was breathing. Even louder cheers. "Now this last song... I'll be singing with a friend of mine. Now I usually sing it with someone else, but tonight I decided to try something a little new... So, please give it up for.... Ariana Grande!"

"WOOOOOOOOH ARIANA!!!!!" I screamed. Some people around me looked at me weird since I screamed so loud but I just waved at them to freak them out.

Once she came out on stage, the screams got even louder. People were chanting her name, cheering for her, and some girls were even crying. Wow, I guess we got some Ariana fans in here too.

"It feels like we've been out at sea, oh,

So back and forth that's how it seems,

And when I wanna talk you say to me,

That if it's meant to be, it will be." Ariana started to sing. Everyone took out their phones and started swaying them back and forth and Pattie was even doing it to, so I took my phone out and did the same.

"I'm overboard,

And I need your love to pull me up,

I can't swim on my own,

It's too much.

Feels like I'm drowning without your love,

So throw yourself out to me, my lifesaver." She finished singing. The music kept on playing while there was a short pause until Justin began to sing.

"Never understood you when you'd say,

You wanted me to meet you halfway,

Oh, I felt like I was doing my part," He sang with his hand on his heart, pulling Ariana closer to him which caused the crowd to freak out and they cheered even louder for a few seconds until he pulled away. I admit that I got a little jealous but hey, its for a song. I'm not gonna be one of those crazy, over protective girlfriends, Its no big deal...