Breaking the news

Chapter 14

~Emma's POV~

I woke up Friday morning, and reached the the side of my bed to grab my crutches when I realized... I didn't have them any more. Excitement rushed over me at my discovery and a huge smile was plastered on my face as I got out of bed and could actually feel my legs.

"Yes!" I whisper-yelled to myself when I heard knocking outside the door.

Who could possibly be outside my room right now? My mom and dad aren't even home. As the fact that my parents weren't home settled in my mind, I began to get a mixture of nervous and fucking scared. 

This always happens in those horror movies Jazmen drags me to. The girl is home alone over the weekend and somehow word gets out to psycho killers who jump through your window or something in order to find their way to you. And every single time the main character is some retarded blonde chick who's just like "Oh yeah, let me get that. This is totally fucking normal, no ones gonna slit my throat and throw me in their trunk or anything."

Not this time. If anyone suspicious is gonna be behind that door I'll be prepared. 

I ran over to my desk silently, trying not to make any sudden sounds and grabbed my phone already dialed to 911 so I could easily hit call if I needed to. 

I heard the knocking again and chills ran through me. 

I need protection.

Running to the other side of the room to my closet, I grabbed an old baseball bat and approached the door. I set my hand on the knob and slowly twisted it open, making sure to place myself behind the door so I could see them when they walked in.

The figure was slowly making his or her way in when I saw their head pop in the other side, looking around to see if anyone was in here.

Justin?

I let out a huge breath I had been holding in, throwing the bat down as he made eye contact with me and ran over to give him the biggest hug I've ever given anyone. God, I've never been so relieved to see somebody.

I was breathing heavily into his sweatshirt hood as he brought my face up to meet his.

"Oh my God, are you okay?" Sympathy rang throughout his voice and his face went pale, with a worried look staring right through me.

I nodded hesitantly letting out a small laugh.

"Sorry. I need to calm down, Jesus you scared me!" I screamed, playfully smacking his arm.

"Me!? You scared me! You looked so scared, I-I was worried," he breathed out.

He looked a little more relaxed to know that I was okay but still looked me straight in the eyes, waiting for an explanation.

After a few seconds of staring at each other, which felt like forever, we both burst out laughing in each others arms before I pulled away to slide my phone back in my pocket.

"What happened?" He asked, still laughing a little.

"Long story short I was expecting to kick somebody's ass before they threw me in their trunk and knocked me out with some of that knock out stuff thingy and then drove me to a deserted area where no one knew where I was and they threw me down there and--"

"Wait, Emma slow down. What the hell are you talking about?" He cut me off and that's when I realized I was breathing heavily and decided to answer with another hug.

"I dont even know..." I breathed into his hood again as he stroked my hair, then pulling away after while probably to address why he came here in the first place.