Right by my Side

Chapter 34

~Justin's POV~

So it's been two days since Emma said she'd take me back if I could make a good enough attempt to get her, and so far everything I've tried... I've failed miserably. I know she wants me as much as I want her, she's just playing hard to get which I guess is okay, at least i know it wont be as easy for anyone else to take her away from me, cause damn, she'll make you work for it.

Tomorrow I go back on tour and I have to get her back before then. What can I do to win her back that's special on a bus? So basically I have one day. But I'm not worried, I have a plan.

It's been exactly two months since I first sang "Never Let You Go" to Emma but failed because I couldn't go on. So now I'm going to sing it over for her, and I know this has to work since shes a sucker for that song.

It's 2:00 in the morning right now and I just left my house to head over to Emma's. I'm only doing it this early cause it might make my chances a bit better if she's tired and doesn't really know whats going on.

I have my guitar and my charm, and I'm in Emma's backyard, right underneath her balcony.

"They say that hate has been sent,

So let loose the talk of love.

Before they outlaw the kiss,

Baby give me one last hug." I started to sing.

~Emma's POV~

Life sucks. One minute you have everything: A home, a family, people who love you... You think its all going great and your the happiest you've ever been, and then the next minute it's all taken away from you. Just like that. Faster than you can snap your fingers, God can take away anyone he wants.

I found out about an hour ago that my Aunt Clara died of a heart attack. I barely knew her but I just felt so close to her... I felt like she payed more attention to me than my parents did. And that's all I want, attention from someone who will love me. And that's gone.

I've been hysterically crying for the past hour and I think I'm all out of tears. Just once in a while a tear will roll down my cheek and remind me of her.

~Justin's POV~

"Let the music blast, 

We gonna do our dance,

Bring the doubters on,

They don't matter at all..." This is my second time to the chorus and Emma still hasnt come out. I guess she's a heavy sleeper.

"Justin?" I heard a familiar voice say. I looked up and saw Emma's mom standing on her balcony. Shit.

"Uh... Mrs. Johnson.. Good--Good morning," I stuttered. I put down my guitar and stood up straight.

"Justin, what are you doing here?" She furrowed her eyebrows.

"I was um.. Looking for Emma."

"At 2:00 in the morning?"

"Kinda.."

"Hun, she's not here. She just found out her aunt passed away so she said she went to Jazmen's for some air," she explained.