Truth Or Dare

Chapter 32

~Justin's POV~

"Here, here, pass!" Chaz shouted for the ball. We're playing basketball and its me and Chaz vs. Ryan. I'm kind of out of it, I have to admit. All I'm focusing on is Emma, honestly I don't even know the score right now. I passed the ball in a random direction, which I guess isn't where Chaz was.

"What the hell, dude?" Chaz threw his arms in he air and furrowed his eyebrows at me.

"Sorry, I just, cant really focus right now," I sighed, running a hand through my hair.

"Whats up, bro?" Ryan asked, dribbling over to me, along with Chaz.

"I just don't know what to do... Emma still just wants to be friends," I sighed.

"Then don't be her friend if it bothers you that much, there's like millions of girls who wanna date you," Chaz laughed.

"Dumb ass," Ryan thumped him in the head.

"Whoa, chill out, I'm just sayin'," Chaz defended.

"Well, your still a dumb ass," I thumped him in the head too, "I cant just not be her friend. She said I'm all she has. She doesn't have any other friends she can trust, and her parents weren't even there when we came back."

"Shit. Your way far out in the friend zone, bro," Ryan laughed.

"Whatever, I know I can get her to fall in love with me again if she'll just let herself."

"Yeah, okay. Now can we please just play some basketball?" Chaz whined.

"Whatever."

---

"Boys, come in for some lunch, real quick!" Mom called out from the porch.

"Coming!" We all shouted back in unison. On our way in, halfway up the driveway Chaz hit me in the head with a basketball.

"Oops, sorry I meant to throw that on the grass." He shrugged.

"What the fuck, Chaz, the grass is fucking behind me dip shit," I scolded.

"Whoa, chill out bro," he said patting my shoulder, "All with be okay." He whispered that last part.

"Dumb ass," I muttered under my breath.

When we got inside we all sat down at the table. I sat with my mom to my left, Chaz to my right and Ryan next to Chaz.

"Thanks mom," I said with a mouthful of the sandwich she made.

"Yeah thanks," Chaz and Ryan said.

"Your welcome. So boys, tell me, whats the hot scoop?"

"What...?" I asked, a little embarrassed at how she said it.

"You know, like whats going on? Who's dating who, who's pregnant, who's doing what?"

"Mom," I scolded.

"What? I'm just trying to stay up to date with all things high school, you know, I'm interested." She shrugged.

"Well Ms. Mallette, I can tell you the whole scoop on Jemma," Chaz said, winking at me.

"W-What? Whats Jemma?" She furrowed her eyebrows.

"Its the current ship name of your two lovebirds, Justin and Emma," Ryan also winked at me. I just rolled my eyes and kept eating.

"Oh, okay. See, I don't know any of this. Justin wont tell me anything, I have to hear it all from you two. But yes, please tell me whats up with them since all I get from this one is a 'it's going good.'" She said referring to me.